Software updating with a iMac

Is there a way to get the software to your graph with the update having been downloaded with an iMac?
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    As long as you can get it from the iMac to an SD card, it should work the same as a PC from that point. If it is one of the earlier Solix or Apex updates, they come as a Zip file and people have issues with the native Apple unzip utility. It isn't robust enough for the size of the Solix/Apex zip files and people have had to download a better unzip utility.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    this works on my ipad pro (only sold at apple)$ but only $65. https://www.apple.com/shop/product/H...d3afd226f9222f
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    As long as you can get it from the iMac to an SD card, it should work the same as a PC from that point. If it is one of the earlier Solix or Apex updates, they come as a Zip file and people have issues with the native Apple unzip utility. It isn't robust enough for the size of the Solix/Apex zip files and people have had to download a better unzip utility.
    I was thinking that it still had to be unzipped. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    I also use Adobie Acrobat. I have unzipped files as well.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

The latest round of updates unzipped fine on my MacBook. Humminbird also has the standalone .upd files for Solix available for download.

7. Member
    I run a MacBook Pro and had no problem downloading and installing all of the updates. Download the update file and copy to sd card. Sd card must be formatted correctly but they are correct right out of the package.

8. Member
    I remember that for long time trying to update with a Mac was a problem. I'm glad they fixed that issue.
    Yamaha 250 SHO