running wire on a 2011 z119 questions

my buddy is installing livescope and a 106sv. thinking 10 gauge marine wire from a new fuse block up front back to the battery compartment. anyone the gauge wire already running to bow? we want to run a new wire cause he already has 3 graphs on factory wire. how difficult is it to run wire through the conduit and what else we need to take apart? thanks

2. Member
    I don’t know how different the 2011 is to 2014 but in my boat the only challenge was from the drivers console to the battery area and if I remember correctly I just had to pull the seat which wasn’t hard. Otherwise cockpit forward was simple. Pull the speaker out by the console just so you have a nicer opening to get past all the console wiring and throttle/steering cable.
    As far as size, that’s a big discussion that everyone feels differently on what you can “get away with”. I ran a dedicated breaker in the battery compartment and then a stranded/tinned anchor marine duplex in a 6 to a dedicated blue sea fuse block up front. From there everything electronic is just a short run to the fuse panel in the bow.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    I don’t know how different the 2011 is to 2014 but in my boat the only challenge was from the drivers console to the battery area and if I remember correctly I just had to pull the seat which wasn’t hard. Otherwise cockpit forward was simple. Pull the speaker out by the console just so you have a nicer opening to get past all the console wiring and throttle/steering cable.
    As far as size, that’s a big discussion that everyone feels differently on what you can “get away with”. I ran a dedicated breaker in the battery compartment and then a stranded/tinned anchor marine duplex in a 6 to a dedicated blue sea fuse block up front. From there everything electronic is just a short run to the fuse panel in the bow.

ok thanks. when I did my boat( ranger tin) I ran 8 gauge from front blue seas fuse block in front to rear. the little conduit they left from console to rear was small! doubt 6 gauge would of fit. I have 10 gauge going from block to garmin 106, helix 12, mega 360 and livescope with soon to be another helix 12. that's why im thinking he could do a 10 gauge power wire since it's only gonna be the 106 and livescope. or do you think he should run 8 gauge as main power wire.

4. Scraps
    On my Phoenix at least, I've found it easier to push wires from the console side rod locker to the bilge with a fiberglass electrician's fishing stick. Transducer is different story.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD