Gotta love the USPS

They delivered me a 2 piece...

broke.jpg

2. Member
    Ground Advantage!

That sucks. Very often for us they don’t deliver at all.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

4. Member
    I have experienced the same as both willwork4fish and apdriver
    One shipment last year took nearly 5 weeks to get from the Midwest to VA. Model of efficiency! I get fishing rods delivered from Japan faster and without any issues compared to USPS.

5. Member

Careless, and they don’t care!

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Member
    That definitely sucks, and certainly not letting the USPS totally off the hook, but if that is the package it came in, in the back ground, it appears to be a box. Not the best package for sending a blank in. Years ago NFC used to send their blanks in what appeared to me, to be hand made boxes in the shape of a triangle. Like that was going to withstand a trip across the country. lol

Heavy duty cardboard tubes like they use now, or PVC tubing like Utmost Enterprises ships their blanks in. Those are what's needed to survive the world of conveyor belts and other modes of conveyance that USPS, UPS, and Fed Ex use in their facilities.

8. Member
    I ordered a 7' rod once, when it came in the mail the mailman blew the horn, so I went out to see. He handed me a 48" box and left, when I got it in the house and opened it, there was my 7' rod. The shippers had actually broken it into to put it in the 4' box.

And your right, I lost it and they were verbally abused.

I ask now, if they can ship in PVC tube, if they say no, I buy somewhere else.

9. Member
    NFC's tubes are 3 1/2" OD with a dense 1/4" sidewall, tough stuff. Nice end caps also.

10. Member
    UPS delivered me a 2 piece this week too. Driver knew it too as he dropped it and ran. Was driving away before I could open the door.

11. Member
    I think they consider breaking rod tubes a challenge? Bought a rod used once and they guy shipped it in a 3" PVC tube which normally holds. My mailman is a bass fisherman so when he brought it to my house he asked me to open it right away because he thought it would be broken. Somehow they broke the PVC tube but not the rod?

Allen

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonplugger1 View Post
    NFC's tubes are 3 1/2" OD with a dense 1/4" sidewall, tough stuff. Nice end caps also.
    This came from NFC. It was a C6O2 SWB807. First time I ever got something from them in a box. I hope they send the replacement in a tube.

13. Moderator
    Hope the replacement comes in one piece. That package doesn't look like something to ship a rod/blank in.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Hope the replacement comes in one piece. That package doesn't look like something to ship a rod/blank in.
    I hope so too. Want to have it built for a tournament I've got in April on a lake where glides can pay off in the spring. I've got other rods I can use but really want to see how this blank performs.

15. Member
    I ship rods USPS all the time , they are the only way i ship i have only had one shipment that got broke and i have shipped way over 50 time but use PVC or NFC tubes most times
    Willwork4fish i have read some of your posts hear before so i know you have bought NFC before as well i have never seen them ship in a box like that i hope thats not a new cost saving change they made i have 8 blanks on order now i hope they are in their tubes

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    I ship rods USPS all the time , they are the only way i ship i have only had one shipment that got broke and i have shipped way over 50 time but use PVC or NFC tubes most times
    Willwork4fish i have read some of your posts hear before so i know you have bought NFC before as well i have never seen them ship in a box like that i hope thats not a new cost saving change they made i have 8 blanks on order now i hope they are in their tubes
    Same here, first time I've ever gotten a blank packaged like this from any manufacturer. I've had a handful come broken over the years, one in one of those triangle containers, a couple in PVC and a couple in different cardboard tubes. Every time the USPS. I like the NFC tubes, they're very sturdy. Save them to ship stuff out as well.

17. Member
    When I mentioned the hand made looking box I received from NFC some years back, it was right when they introduced the X ray blanks. The blank was in two pieces. After contacting NFC I told them I wanted the replacement blank shipped in something other than the same type of box the broken one was sent in. I even told them that I would pay an extra charge if need be, to have the replacement shipped.

Late last year I had an order for an MB 733 X ray blank that I was expecting. When I got home from work one day I had a long box leaning against my house. First thing I thought is that my order arrived 2 days earlier than it was supposed to, and then I thought oh great, they're shipping in those crap boxes again. It ended up being someone else's order that got shipped to me by mistake. There were 20 blanks in the box. 20 blanks in one of those crappy boxes.

Anyhow ..... every order of mine that I have received from them, other than the one I mentioned in the triangle shaped box, has come in a heavy duty cardboard tube. I keep the tubes from NFC and the PVC pipe from Utmost just in case I ever build a rod for someone that needs to be shipped.

I hope that’s not the new norm for NFC. I don’t think I’ve ever received anything broken from them but I have always received the rods in the heavy cardboard tubes.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

19. Member
    I have only had that happen once. It was when Mudhole used those triangular cardboard boxes to ship blanks.

20. Member
    I'm waiting for blanks from Mudhole now. What do they use for tubes these days? I haven't ordered in a couple of years.