2023 Yamaha 250 SHO trim issue

My trim will come 3 to 3 1/2 inches off of the trim rods when going up and then just stop. Happened after 30 hours of flawless operation. Worked several weekend days in a row and after a 2 hour trip to Lake Russell, it wouldn’t come all the up.

Second issue occurred when we fished. Motor cut back RPMs at WOT when I reached 64 mph while climbing up to full speed. Usually the boat runs 67-69 at WOT once given time to wind up. Seemed like it hit a rev limiter.

Is there a trim stop sensor or something similar I can look to for an issue.

Thank you for any feedback.
    Lanierspotman
    2023 Skeeter 21ZXR 2023 250 SHO
    Lake Lanier, GA

2. Member
    Sounds like a bad ground! Check all ground connections for clean tight connections.

3. Member
    When the motor stops tilting up is the trim and tilt pump motor still running with no further upward movement? Or does the pump itself stop running?

What RPM was the motor running at when the RPM cut back? Might be the rev limiter. Might be an oil pressure or over temperature issue. Do you have gauges that have warning lights?

Need to know the complete model identity. Engine serial. All SHO's are equal it is that some are more equaller than others.

4. Member
    Motor stops tilting and the pump stops. Motor also cuts back at flat trim when starting off, you must tuck the motor under for the engine to throttle properly. Any RPM with high trim and it chokes the power off, seems like a Rev Limiter type deal, but I have never hit the rev limit to know what an engine does at that point.

I will have to PM you the serial number once I get it off the boat.

Thank you!

Thank you for your response.
    Lanierspotman
    2023 Skeeter 21ZXR 2023 250 SHO
    Lake Lanier, GA