Livewell divider?

Has anyone taken out the divider in the livewell? Are there any issues that may arise from removal? All my aeration is on the passenger side and I’ve noticed the fish on the drivers side seem to struggle thru out the day worse than on the passenger every time I use it. I haven’t lost fish yet… but even when its cold they are healthier at the end of the day on the passenger side.
    21 XRS
    Garmin, LVS 34, lithium Pro, SeaClear
    8ft PP, Move and Charge

2. Member
    So in the XRS there is 2 separate live wells?
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

3. Member
    Hit rough enough water and it will take itself out. I need mine to keep fish separated and had to epoxy it so it would stay but I’ve never noticed any difference in fish from either side.
    Bullet 21XRS 250 pro xs serial#2B775575

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    So in the XRS there is 2 separate live wells?
    No it’s one. Live well with a divider. Im considering just taking out the divider. Looking at it close, seems mine is siliconed into the slot.
    21 XRS
    8ft PP, Move and Charge

My divider would come loose every tournament. I took it out and just use cull tags. The livewell size shocks everybody that I fish with. It's huge and I have never lost a fish in 20+ years. I did upgrade to Rule pumps with more GPH specs than OEM in 2003. I run pumps all day on timer. No re-circ for me. The flow rite pump out is superior to what came with the boat.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEZER View Post
    No it’s one. Live well with a divider. Im considering just taking out the divider. Looking at it close, seems mine is siliconed into the slot.
    that’s what I thought. I just didn’t think it would make a difference which side they were on with just a a divider in the middle. I figured the entire area would be oxygenated the same.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

7. Member
    It ok mine out, no issues at all.
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

8. Member
    Damn auto correct….”I took mine out” ^
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

9. Member
    I took mine out also, I use culling tags. No issues.
    2001- 21XDC-300r
    Pete.

10. Member
    I've had mine out since I got my boat. The fish do very well in there even in warm temps. Tournament directors at the bump tank always comment on how lively the fish are.

11. Member
    Mines out, it kept coming lose in rough water and getting on / beating my fish up so did away with it years ago, no issues.

12. Member
    I took mine out…. Can’t believe how big it makes the livewell now! Do y’all still fill it all the way up to the out flow or a couple inches short? I close off my system and maintain it through out the day with aeration. I Figured out through Mike’s post that I have 2 aeration systems in my boat and I control water temp through the day in the summers with ice.
    21 XRS
    8ft PP, Move and Charge

13. Member
    I leave mine in for bass tournaments and remove it for pike tournaments, never noticed bass getting worst on one side then the other.

14. Member
    I took mine out of my XRS and find the fish more attractive at the end of the day
    more room to swim around. Less stress. I guess. If seems to work

15. Member
    My biggest thing for keeping fish alive is not using culling tags that float. I used TH marine culling tags and i remove the floats.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    My biggest thing for keeping fish alive is not using culling tags that float. I used TH marine culling tags and i remove the floats.
    Thats a really good idea. Also the floats can get caught up behind the aeration tube and be an issue. I'm going to remove my floats.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEZER View Post
    I took mine out…. Can’t believe how big it makes the livewell now! Do y’all still fill it all the way up to the out flow or a couple inches short? I close off my system and maintain it through out the day with aeration. I Figured out through Mike’s post that I have 2 aeration systems in my boat and I control water temp through the day in the summers with ice.
    I only fill mine up to about three or four inches over the Oxygenator, not to the overflow hole. I live in Florida and have only lost a fish or two from a tongue hook.
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R