Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Good Lord Has Kept Me Above Ground

Around January 5th I started feeling like I was coming down with a cold, fast forward to the 9th when I checked my temperature and it was about 103 so my wife insisted that I go to the hospital. After what seemed like hours they come get me from the waiting room and said I was positive for flu B. I go back to a room and wait even more, Dr comes in and says "you're pretty sick but we're going to do everything we can to make you better" but in hindsight I can see his apprehension and that's basically my last recollection for a couple weeks. They put me on a vent and realized quickly that they couldn't handle it so I was airlifted to Springdale and stayed (unconscious) for about 5 days on vent. I was then sent to Tulsa Heart Institute and placed on an ECMO machine for a few days and when I woke up I spent about a week in ICU then another week in a regular room. Now that I'm out it's been constant tests to see if my heart or lungs caused a one day healthy 38 year old to go from having cold symptoms to being on life support. I'm feeling fine now but I have a very high resting heart rate and I can't even go to the fridge and back to my chair without breathing like I just ran up stairs. The worst part is thinking that you are fine until you get up to do a routine task and you're about to pass out. Luckily my family is having our annual crappie trip this week so I'm going down Thursday to fish Friday through Sunday morning and I won't have to lift a finger, I'm looking forward to it and it's going to mean much more to me this trip than any of the others.

2. Member
    And FYI it was not Covid and I am not injected for those that are questioning.

3. Member
    Prayers for a you to continue to recover and get back to normal.

4. Member
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for a speedy recovery!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

5. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    damn,,, glad to hear you're headed in the right direction... for a quick healing..
    So is the final diagnosis a heart issue??

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    damn,,, glad to hear you're headed in the right direction... for a quick healing..
    So is the final diagnosis a heart issue??
    Don't know yet, I felt left out in the cold until I recognized that my breathing was the only thing not improving so now things are getting looked at post hospital stay.

Prayers for healing

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Glad to see you back here and out of the hospital!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Member
    I hope you get answers. Sure seems like something else going on that allowed the infection to get that bad. Keep us posted on that fishing trip!
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

Glad you pulled through! We don't go until the Lord says it's our time. It wasn't your time yet. Have a blessed week and enjoy every minute.

Glad you are better... And hope you get answers soon. One other covid question, have you had it in the past? Know some that had some serious issues that didn't get the shot, but did have the bug and recovered only to have weird affects later from it even if they weren't that bad off to begin with...I myself have had to have myself checked twice... And my covid flu was very mild..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

12. Member
    Praying for complete recovery

13. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    You've got too much left to do in life. Prayers for continued healing and good health

Wow, hope you get well soon.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

15. Member
    Prayers for a speedy recovery

16. Member
    for continued healing.

17. Member

18. Member
    PM sent.
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

19. Member
    Your post is quite coherent so it seems your mental acuity is good. With your physical degradation you might be cautious about being on the water. Best wishes for a full recovery.

20. Member
    Dang man....glad you are ok! Prayers for continued healing and strength. Enjoy the crappie fishing trip!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast