Thread: Proof!!

Proof!!

Just wanted to share what running the cocktail does for you. I know I should have already changed these twice but almost 175 hours running the cocktail. 2008 250 proxs optimax.Appreciate it Don.PXL_20240311_231832966_copy_536x946.jpg

2. Member
    Hate to bust your bubble but my plugs look the same on both my 250's and I don't use any cocktail nor do I use Mercury oil.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    Hate to bust your bubble but my plugs look the same on both my 250's and I don't use any cocktail nor do I use Mercury oil.
    We know, Ricky... we know. But please tell us again.

Brian... I wouldn't push that long on plugs. Seen too many porcelains break apart in the 120-140 hr. range, and they can get ugly.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    I know Don but I get busy and forget. LOL. I will also mention that probably 60% of those hours are idle time.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianmoore25 View Post
    I know Don but I get busy and forget. LOL. I will also mention that probably 60% of those hours are idle time.
    Are you also running the 150:1 Premium Plus?

6. Member
    Yes. I am. 87 octane gas also

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianmoore25 View Post
    Yes. I am. 87 octane gas also
    Good deal. I’m running the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    What are you running? Mind sharing? Curious the cost difference of your success concoction?

9. Member
    You guys have to understand that I was a certified Yamaha tech for 15 years. I've worked on thousands of HPDI engines. If someone was running yamalube you wouldn't see plugs that look anywhere close to this good mo matter how much or little idling was done. Just not my normal for many years. LOL

So your a believer of Don’s mix
    +1

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    There's a key here that "most" folks don't see every day: Direct Injectors. I have the privilege of dealing with these almost daily... and can tell you there is a massive difference between the "I never run anything but gas and xyz oil" and those that take advantage of the info made available here.

One of these days I'll get the time to do a video on this... but folks will believe what they want to, even with that.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    There's a key here that "most" folks don't see every day: Direct Injectors. I have the privilege of dealing with these almost daily... and can tell you there is a massive difference between the "I never run anything but gas and xyz oil" and those that take advantage of the info made available here.

One of these days I'll get the time to do a video on this... but folks will believe what they want to, even with that.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Far more importent than what the spark plugs show!
    Thank You Leon Pugh

13. Member
    ^^^^+1 far more for sure
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

14. Member
    I have been running a cocktail of mercury fuel cleaner in my King Quad ATV and she is real finicky about stale fuel. I haven't had any more issues since using it.

15. Member
    I've suggested it to some of my old customers with HPDI and they have definitely seen improvement

16. Member
    Whats in the cocktail you are mixing, standard quick clean (?) and what ratio, just curious.

17. Member
    quikleen quicare & prem plus...... 1,1,4oz per5 gal
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

18. Member
    Does this stuff go bad?
    I had a bit left in the bottle last spring and turned a little dark.
    Still have 2 bottles of each unopened and they look fine.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

19. Member
    I love and appreciate Dons raw facts and no shits given about the naysayers.

Some people will argue the sun being up despite the shine. Been running the mix since 2016 when I got my ProXS as the previous owner ran it since new. He directed me to this site and Called Don out for his wisdom and willingness to share.

THANK YOU for what you do!!!!!!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rod View Post
    Does this stuff go bad?
    I had a bit left in the bottle last spring and turned a little dark.
    Still have 2 bottles of each unopened and they look fine.
    It might turn dark some as it ages but doesn't affect function. I buy Quickleen/Quickstor in quart bottles as I find them more convenient for my use.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax