Thread: LCID

LCID

I drove by the factory when I dropped off my boat at the trailer shop a few miles down the road and there is still a massive parking lot of vehicles sitting there. There's no more space in that lot. Also a lot of empty spots in the employee parking. This stock is down 50% from when I started looking at it. This EV market is insanely difficult to look at for investment purposes.

Since Lucid cars generally start around $80k, I'm wondering if everyone with money that wants a high priced EV already has one and what the future holds for Lucid in both the short and mid term future....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

2. Member
    My buddys a general foremen on a job where they're building a battery plant. Ford was suppose to build an EV line beside it according to him. Now he says Ford pulled out because nobody was wanting EVs.

3. Member
    I live 15 min from the plant Rivian is building in GA. Pass it 3 days a week. Road improvements are all done and then nothing. Rivian announced they put the $5B (with a B) GA plant "on hold". Old habits are certainly hard to break.

Honda and LG Energy are building a large battery plant in Fayette County Ohio...3.5 billion dollar investment. Based on what Ford and GM are saying, the demand is not what they expected.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I think any Lucid car buyers might be worried the company will be bankrupt in another year or two. Everybody knows they're running out of cash.
    Thanos was the hero

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I think any Lucid car buyers might be worried the company will be bankrupt in another year or two. Everybody knows they're running out of cash.
    Crazy thing is they just built out the factory plant to a massive size. I have been watching the construction over the past year and it looks like they got it all done and now their employee lot looks like a ghost town. Not sure if it was just the day of the week I drove by or what, but when I go pick up my boat in a couple of weeks, I'll pay closer attention and post some pics if I can get some...
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

7. Member
    No one wants EV. That market is falling apart. Tesla still dominates the little demand there is for EV. Lucid was pushing hard at Amelia this year. They probably had 10 cars there for road testing. One of their engineers works with us now and he jumped ship from Lucid. Doesn’t look good for lucid.

Also, I’ve only ever seen 3 in public driving around. Two of them were on the side of the road, and one of those was going on a flatbed
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

8. Member
    Unless Lucid figures how to get more money to burn through 2025, they will be looking for chapter 13 just like Fisker is doing. I hope you don't let them burn you the way FSR did with many investors.