Powerpole Hyd oil-carpet

So after having a new pump fail I had to remove and change pump ended up getting some oil on my carpet. Long story short the glue let go and the edge where my lid closes came lose. I was able to clean and re glue but will the carpet forever be yellow? I tried everything from baking soda, laundry soap, krud cutter to purple power. Looks terrible still. Will the sun take this stain out? Anyone ever had this happen? Brand new boat.

2. Member
    I did the same thing an used a power sprayer and it lightened it up almost enough to no see if you don't point it out.

3. Member
    Na, didn't work for me. That oil has that green/ yellow look. after trying everything I am just curious if the sun will take it out like it does the worm dye.

4. Member
    I just cleaned mine with warm water dawn dishwater soap & barbasol shaving cream. I only had a small amount of fluid on my carpet.

5. Member
    The shaving cream seem to get it?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    The shaving cream seem to get it?
    It worked for me very nicely. The shop that pulled and serviced my power poles got oil on the carpet over several places on the back deck. Needless to say I was not a happy camper and took pictures and sent them to the boat repair shop. Informed them I was going to try to get it out and if not they were responsible for the damage. Anyway I treated the oil stains with Simple Green first. It helped. Then I used the shaving cream (Gillett Foamy was what I had on hand) and a scrub brush. Rinsed it out with the garden hose and there were no more oil stains. Carpet looks great.

7. Member
    I will give it a try. I have tried krud cutter as it foams like shaving cream but that did not work. I have scrubbed the carpet so much in the area it is starting to look bad.

8. Member
    It helped some. I think I just had to much of a spill for too long and it's just dyed the carpet out. Maybe the sun will do it's thing like it does for the worm dyes.

9. Member
    Try using shout. I got hyd oil on my carpet also from poles and it came out just fine.

10. Member
    I've had good luck on oil stains (and carpet restoring in general) using the heavy traffic "resolve" foam, and one of those drill-attachment brushes.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    2010 Yamaha 250 SHO
    10in Atlas Hydraulic, 10ft PP blades