Got my new hearing aids today from Costco ( buying and use report)

Got the first set almost 4 years ago. That pair was Resound and was the best they had at that time. Cost just under $3000.
    Today's set is Phillips and for my level of hearing ( which is poor) is the best they have. The cost was just under $1700.
    Just over 40% less cost today!
    Hard to estimate the improvement in my hearing with new aids but it is considerable! I am impressed with the new technology! My wife will tell you I hear better and don't talk as loud.
    If you have hearing problems don't wait there is some good help out there!
    Last edited by 5keepers2; 03-10-2024 at 08:29 PM.

2. Member
    My father was with me on a trip recently. I informed him the tv was so loud that the dead could hear it. He got his hearing aided at Costco as well. Was at family event yesterday and he appeared happy. He could hear the conversation of younger people for the first time in a number of years
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

3. Member
    What?🧏

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAKEnSHAKE View Post
    What?紐
    Exactly
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

5. Member
    Congrats! I suffer from the same hearing loss, but I gave up on using hearing aids because all I tested made my hearing even worse. I still cannot understand why customers are not allowed to do the adjustments themselves. I am sure only when you experiment on your own you will find the settings working for you. The audiologist never experiences the result of her/his adjustments. This system is so stupid! I will try to connect with the Audiology island, as read some very good reviews about them
    Last edited by RockOn; 03-30-2024 at 08:25 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5keepers2 View Post
    Got the first set almost 4 years ago. That pair was Resound and was the best they had at that time. Cost just under $3000.
    Today's set is Phillips and for my level of hearing ( which is poor) is the best they have. The cost was just under $1700.
    Just over 40% less cost today!
    Hard to estimate the improvement in my hearing with new aids but it is considerable! I am impressed with the new technology! My wife will tell you I hear better and don't talk as loud.
    If you have hearing problems don't wait there is some good help out there!
    I have 4 year old resounds now that I feel like are starting to go bad. Hearing aid person just quoted me 4K for a new set yesterday. Maybe I need to look at the Costco ones. She told me the reason they sell them cheap is they buy hear aids with old technology that is a year or two old and order a million at a time and get a huge discount on them. She's probably feeding me full of bologna to get a sale I'm guessing.

7. Member
    I've had Costco for 2 1/2 years and very happy with them. First set was from Sam's. Costco was less than 1/2 that and better quality IMO.

8. Member
    Are they a true hearing aid that's tailored to your specific hearing deficit or are they just a sound amplifier?

I have Eargos and they work ok but are basically just sound amplifiers.
    Hi Mike.

9. Member
    Photos?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    Are they a true hearing aid that's tailored to your specific hearing deficit or are they just a sound amplifier?

I have Eargos and they work ok but are basically just sound amplifiers.
    They are true hearing aids of high quality I think!! The aids I have have many options for different sound levels and types. My ear drums were mapped and paired with my aids. I have taken hearing tests at ENT doctor's office a few times, and also at Uncle Sam's facilities. Costco tests were more involved and better!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5keepers2 View Post
    They are true hearing aids of high quality I think!! The aids I have have many options for different sound levels and types. My ear drums were mapped and paired to my aids.
    Sounds good. I got my Eargos for free so I couldn't pass them up and they too have some adjustments you can make to them but really they are just sound amplifiers.
    Hi Mike.

12. Member
    I have had Jabra hearing aids from Costco for about 3 months . They were close to 1600.00 . I have moderate to severe hearing loss . This is the first hearing aids I have had . Probably should have had hearing aids years ago . I am satisfied with my hearing aids so far . Helps while watching tv with the misses. I can hear the tv and her talk at the same time .
    Only got in the shower twice with them on !
    Last edited by SLIM-285; 03-15-2024 at 06:57 PM.