2005 MMT w/Trailer Buddy Gold

I'm at 19 years on my tandem MMT and still servicing my hubs as needed, no current issues. Since it appears the caps are not available anymore for replacement has anyone found a suitable replacement cap? I saw these this morning and wondered if anyone has used them yet.
    Kodiak XL ProLube Kit for 3500-lb Axles Kodiak Trailer Bearings Races Seals Caps XLPROLUBE1980KIT (etrailer.com)
    2005 Triton TR20X-Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V-8 250 HP Serial # 3B378953
    2016 Harris Cruiser 24-2016 Mercury150XL-Serial # 2B232319

2. Member
    The vault bearing covers are the exact same thing…..but obviously, the piston is not transparent. Personally, I do not use the sight glass……when exposed the o-rings get damaged by sand….I monitor hub health using a laser thermometer and change hub oil annually.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

3. Member
    Forgot to state in OP. My MMT hubs are the Gold hubs, not the vault. Was just wondering when you have to update hub caps are folks using a different brand oil hub or converting to the vault special grease hubs? I'm thinking if I have to, I could use a proper hub sized from a different brand and stay with the oil. Just trying to see what others might have done and prevent myself from going through the possible same mistakes. Have a great day.
    2005 Triton TR20X-Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V-8 250 HP Serial # 3B378953
    2016 Harris Cruiser 24-2016 Mercury150XL-Serial # 2B232319

4. Member
    Ufp gold series & ufp vault series hubs are identical except for the tapped oil fill hole (not present on ufp hubs since they discontinued the gold series).

The gold & vault bearing covers (aka caps) are identical except for the color of the plastic piston.

I recently replaced my hubs and simply had my new hubs drilled & tapped for an oil fill port. At that time the gold series bearing covers were still available.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Ufp gold series & ufp vault series hubs are identical except for the tapped oil fill hole (not present on ufp hubs since they discontinued the gold series).

The gold & vault bearing covers (aka caps) are identical except for the color of the plastic piston.

I recently replaced my hubs and simply had my new hubs drilled & tapped for an oil fill port. At that time the gold series bearing covers were still available.
    Lightening, I just wanted to clarify with you. I have a 2004 Marine Master trailer with the UFP Gold Hubs as well and am having issues. I just got back from a trip to TX and noticed I have two of the four leaking oil. After searching, I concluded that the UFP hubs are no longer being made as you indicated. Are you saying the Vault caps are basically the exact same as the UFP caps and can be purchased to replace the Gold caps? I'm a little confused regarding your note about the oil fill hole as it relates to the caps because I was thinking the oil fill holes on my UFP hubs are actually on the hub and not the caps. I wish the seals and internal parts were still available for the UFP Gold version because I'm sure that's all my issue is with my current hubs, but I'll convert the vault caps if that will resolve my issue.
    Triton TR196DC / 200 Mercury Optimax- serial# 0T995641
    Dual HB 12" SI Helix Units
    HB Mega 360
    Garmin 1222 / LVS34 LiveScope
    Dual 12' Minn Kota Talons
    MotorGuide Tour TM
    Bob's Hydraulic Jackplate

Toyota Tundra SR5

6. Member
    Gold series hubs have the tapped oil fill hole….vault hubs are the same hub w/out that hole.

Gold series bearing covers with the amber sight glass/ piston are identical to the vault bearing covers which have a opaque black piston.

All of the internal parts (bearings, races, spindle sleeves, & hub o-ring) are still available. However, the vault spindle sleeve has a hole in it……but no worries….dexter makes spindle sleeves that work for oil hubs.

If you do not use the sight glass to determine when to change the hub oil…..then switching to the vault bearing covers will work. Personally, I change my gold series hub oil annually (valvoline 50 wt racing oil) & never look at my bearing covers …..mine are covered anyway.

Call waymires distribution group & ask for Skip. Great prices & Skip is incredibly knowledgeable and will be able to answer your questions, quote the correct parts, and confirm what I say.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC