115 Pro XS power drop off

Has anyone done any testing to determine at what point HP will start to drop off due to lower RPM within the "powerband?"

It would be really nice if Mercury gave us a visual Dyno chart or power curve chart so we can determine up to what size prop we could run before we start losing competitive power.

Engine SN: 3B491701
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Very simple. Prop the engine to run at the top end of the RPM range, loaded as you would normally load the boat, with the lowest prop slip you can come by.

6100-6300 is what you're shooting for.

That's the magic combination.

Your engine is a FOURSTROKE- I'll move this to the 4-stroke Forum for you.

BTW... there is an Open Service Bulletin (2024-07) on your engine. Recommend you have a dealer check this one soon.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Very simple. Prop the engine to run at the top end of the RPM range, loaded as you would normally load the boat, with the lowest prop slip you can come by.

6100-6300 is what you're shooting for.

That's the magic combination.

Your engine is a FOURSTROKE- I'll move this to the 4-stroke Forum for you.

BTW... there is an Open Service Bulletin (2024-07) on your engine. Recommend you have a dealer check this one soon.
    Thanks for the heads up on the service bulletin Don.

I do all of the work on the motor myself and don't deal with warranties. What does that service bulletin say is the issue? Is there somewhere I can punch in my serial number to be able to read up on it myself perhaps?
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    This is a very recent Service bulletin for FSM Inspection and possible replacement depending on the inspection.

Service Bulletins are copyrighted communications between the engine manufacturer and it's dealers/OEM manufacturers), not for publication.

Inspection and repair must be completed by an Authorized Mercury Dealer.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

This is a very recent Service bulletin for FSM Inspection and possible replacement depending on the inspection.

Service Bulletins are copyrighted communications between the engine manufacturer and it's dealers/OEM manufacturers), not for publication.

Inspection and repair must be completed by an Authorized Mercury Dealer.
    is there any type of high level information available? Is it a potential nuisance or is it like a power head issue that should be inspected asap?
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | 4" Jackplate | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

Quote Originally Posted by goodman_fishing View Post
    is there any type of high level information available? Is it a potential nuisance or is it like a power head issue that should be inspected asap?
    Following 3B258831
    2023 RT188P, 115 ProXS CT, HDS Live 12 Console, FS 7 Bow, Ultrex 80US2 45”

7. Member
    Good luck getting that information from Mercury, much of their info is classified, unlike Yamaha.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffism View Post
    Following 3B258831
    Not applicable.

This bulletin (like many) covers a specific (and relatively narrow) range of serial numbers. For engines that fall within the specific set of serial numbers, there is a potential that the FSM could could cease to supply fuel properly.

If that happens, you're going no-where. Mercury is being proactive by inspecting and addressing those that require it.

Not applicable.

This bulletin (like many) covers a specific (and relatively narrow) range of serial numbers. For engines that fall within the specific set of serial numbers, there is a potential that the FSM could could cease to supply fuel properly.

If that happens, you're going no-where. Mercury is being proactive by inspecting and addressing those that require it.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Any way you can see if 2B682993 is applicable?
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | 4" Jackplate | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goodman_fishing View Post
    Interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Any way you can see if 2B682993 is applicable?
    Normally we have a 1-engine per thread policy, but I can confirm your engine is NOT subject to this campaign.

Not applicable.

Thanks Don, your an invaluable source to the board.
    2023 RT188P, 115 ProXS CT, HDS Live 12 Console, FS 7 Bow, Ultrex 80US2 45”