Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

Ordering a new truck

12 months! Is what the dealer told me it would take to get the truck I wanted. 12 months! WTF I went to the local Ford dealer to test drive some F250s. I knew going in I would have to order the truck but apparantly getting the truck I want with the options I want would be a problem. I guess there's a shortage of 5th wheel/gooseneck packages and leaving the carpet out requires more work apparantly. And the prices of these things are ridiculous never thought I would spend so much money on a truck.

On a side note, those turbo diesels are amazing and almost has us convinved to go with the diesel instead of the 7.3. Ford has come a long way in ride comfort also. Very nice ride, and dare I say similar to my current Ram 1500.

Can't wait for Winter/Spring 2025
    Thanos was the hero

2. Member
    The wait for full size trucks is insane. At work we ordered a replacement f350 work truck trim that has been years ago at this point. To be fair I kind of get it from fords perspective, why build base trim trucks when you can make huge margins on loaded ones?
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    The wait for full size trucks is insane. At work we ordered a replacement f350 work truck trim that has been years ago at this point. To be fair I kind of get it from fords perspective, why build base trim trucks when you can make huge margins on loaded ones?
    They dont have a lot of loaded ones sitting on lots though. If you want anything in particular 90% of the time its got to be ordered.. Its going a little faster then it was a few years ago but yes takes a while if you order one

4. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Yep, sounds about right. It took almost a year when I ordered my 2022 F250.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Going from Ram to Ford? Yikes!
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    Going from Ram to Ford? Yikes!

Surprised us too cause we picked the Ram over the Ford a few years ago. That Tremor is legit.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    Went from Ford to GMC and the result has been better than pretty good. Have never ordered a vehicle but rather search and search for the one closest to what I want.

8. Member
    I went from a Ram 1500 to an F250 Tremor. The F250 isn't bad by any means, but it's nowhere near as smooth and nice as the Ram rides.
    2023 Puma STS

9. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Michigan International Speedway is currently home to THOUSANDS of F150's.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

10. Member
    I remember when Mercury went way up on their outboard prices in the seventies. They produced less motors and because of the demand they made much more on each unit. I am surprised it took the auto industry this long to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    12 months! Is what the dealer told me it would take to get the truck I wanted. 12 months! WTF I went to the local Ford dealer to test drive some F250s. I knew going in I would have to order the truck but apparantly getting the truck I want with the options I want would be a problem. I guess there's a shortage of 5th wheel/gooseneck packages and leaving the carpet out requires more work apparantly. And the prices of these things are ridiculous never thought I would spend so much money on a truck.

On a side note, those turbo diesels are amazing and almost has us convinved to go with the diesel instead of the 7.3. Ford has come a long way in ride comfort also. Very nice ride, and dare I say similar to my current Ram 1500.

Can't wait for Winter/Spring 2025
    My son order a F350 w/6.7L a month ago and he is thinking it will be mid 2025 till he gets it.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

12. Member
    Message sent

13. Member
    I will say my bossmans 2023 Ram 2500 drives and rides so much better than my 2021 f250, night and day difference. And about $20k cheaper than the ford.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    I remember when Mercury went way up on their outboard prices in the seventies. They produced less motors and because of the demand they made much more on each unit. I am surprised it took the auto industry this long to figure that out.
    The dealer lots look to be well stocked around here though. Are we only talking custom?
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend266 View Post
    I will say my bossmans 2023 Ram 2500 drives and rides so much better than my 2021 f250, night and day difference. And about $20k cheaper than the ford.
    20 grand cheaper. That would b a no brainer for me. I like the looks of the newer Rams. Fine looking truck.

I ordered a new GMC October 5, 2023 and it arrived January 12, 2024. Picked it up Jan 18th.

12 months is crazy.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

17. Member
    Crazy on a year and the price for 3/4 tons. Hell even half tons. Tundra SR5 MSRP pushing 60k is NUTS. Seems like almost all vehicles are getting marked down a lot though. Tundras 5-8k off MSRP.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    The dealer lots look to be well stocked around here though. Are we only talking custom?
    Yes.. they get in bulk a lot of basic same/same trucks.. sales in general right now is in the dumps.. been a bad couple of months

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    20 grand cheaper. That would b a no brainer for me. I like the looks of the newer Rams. Fine looking truck.
    I love them too, better than the new fords imo. The price is why he went to Ram after having fords for the past 14 years.

20. Member
    Get the diesel. In 2014. I ordered a new truck. Had it to me in 6 weeks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast