Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

2. Member
    Interesting read, thanks!
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

3. Member
    Well let’s see. No SAV due to high water. How many spray boats were on the lake today?

4. Member
    Sick of the lies! I don't think we will ever get the lake back!

5. Member
    Did they "OVERLOOK" the article written about a year ago which discussed the arrangement with the sugar industry to keep the lake 2' higher than previous management plans once the levee repair project was complete. They write as if that information wasn't already put out. This lake level is very intentional and contractually obligated. They are just backpedaling because it's causing more harm even though they were told the new lake level management would cause this. On top of that, there are spray boats on that lake EVERY SINGLE WEEK DAY of EVERY WEEK. There are absolutely NEVER any weekdays, unless it's a holiday, that spray boats are not on multiple areas of that lake.

Even at the proposed 15.5' level, that lake can not grow SAV. The lake should NEVER exceed 14' and should usually be under 12' for proper SAV growth. They could easily drop it abruptly to 8-10' and hold it there for a few months to a year and the lake would quickly fix itself but you know that will never happen without an extreme drought.
    Last edited by perfect-storm; 03-09-2024 at 10:19 AM.

6. Member
    The only reason we have places to fish now are because we have a higher water level. Drop it and still nothing will grow because of the spraying and muck bottom we now have. They will never quit spraying. To much money and pockets getting lined. People keep talking about the higher water being the problem but seem to forget that in the 80s and 90s we had the same thing. Never had a problem back then.

I remember 16-17 ft lake levels in '90,s and baybottom, winnies cove etc had plenty of vegatation, spraying was infrequent and targeted water Hyacinth

8. Member
    See my post #37 in Big O Problems thread for what I saw last week.