Thread: March 7 2024

March 7 2024

If any of you are my friends on FB you can verify the pics on my Fb page from today. Jordan is smoking HOT. We caught 9 bass today. Best 5 went 30.23 And pics ARE ON MY FB PAGE.
    Water temp was 54 at EB ramp at 7:30
    Water temp was 64.7 @ EB ramp when we left
    The WHOLE lake is 64 degree plus.
    Little Beaver we hit 67.3 at 4 pm

Not a fish and NOT a bite in Little Beaver or Big Beaver.
    Actually not a bite south of the 64 bridge other than an 7 lb Channel.

Not a bite under Farrington Bridge
    Not a bite in White oak (65 degree in the back )

That should tell you the area we fished. ALL fish was caught on Secondary points!
    All fish caught in 4-6’ of water.
    All fish was caught on jig or Rapala DT 6 Shad colored cranks
    We snagged 4 Shad on jerk bait and all was 1.5 -2” long so
    that made it an easy decision on what to throw.

So i broke the lake down pretty easy I think. All fish caught from
    Farrington (Area) to the cove just north of the 64 bridge that
    has the cross on the island back there in that cove.
    Not my best day ever but my best day in Nc hands down.

No top water action at all. No frog fish which shocked me at those temps.
    I think I did Break it down to that left side by the cross to That cove next to farrington
    boat ramp. I’ll even be nicer in hopes someone helps me some day. All fish came
    with in 200 yards of the cross and that long cove next to The ramp at Farrington.

Several boaters witness us and gave us thumbs up when they seen us popping pictures.

I believe it’s safe to say in 2 weeks IF NOT sooner this lake is going to be smoking HOT
    just like today. I love to give reports on FISH I find. If someone would of helped me
    find these fish I’d not said a word. We got lucky a little but 50 years of tournament
    experience helps some I’d like to think, even if its on Mo lakes.

2. Member
    Know the lake well but don’t understand what area you’re describing. When you say “long cove next to Farrington” do you mean Bush Creek?

3. Member
    If you waiting for your partner to back the trailer in and you’re idling up the 1/4 mile long cove to the left that runs back and splits left and right. Some go under the culvert sometimes ( us last year and my god the frog was unreal )

Sorry I don’t know the name but that’s the cove. ALL OF THOSE 2ndary points had fish on them. They are not going to spawn there but they are on the move to the backs of coves near them.

4. Member
    Nice posts! My brother and I are heading up this Saturday to fish with a few of our friends. Wondering if you have been out since this post and if the fish are still biting? Would you be willing to tell me what color jig they were biting?

5. Member
    I fished a tournament Saturday and we got 1 bite all day long and nothing around any of the spots we fished. I’m not sure what happened to be honest. Water temp was 57-59 lake wide. Did the fish move back in the backs of coves and creeks? We don’t know. We just knew with the water temps they didn’t move.

A great fisherman in our group Tommy Stewart won with 13 freaking lbs is all. But out of Ebenizer the other tour it took 25+ to win. I’d sure like to know what we did wrong. We apparently did NOTHING right. I’m still very baffled big time.

6. Member
    we came in 5th in the catt this past saturday and she was far from smoking hot from the sounds of it.. only took 18 something to win.. last weeks results were a little better but still not the typical jordan weights.. funny how much it changes so quick

7. Member
    Bud you called that right. I’ve fished A LOT of lakes and I can honestly say fishing in NC can humble any of us