Thread: Megalive guys

Megalive guys

Got megalive couple weeks. Currently mounted on Ultrex shaft. Really purchased for crappie fishing but could be nice for seeking out the bass as well. What are you favoring for a different style of mount choice….livescan? Targetlock? Manual pole mount? Looking into options so really open/new to this at this point.

2. Member
    I ran mine on the shaft for 9 months but just installed Target Lock. With the integration, functionality and it currently being $500 off I didn’t see any reason to choose another option. Plus if you already have power run to MegaLive all you need to do is change the fuse from 2 AMP to 5 AMP, install the hardware and you’re good to go.
    Last edited by Tilzbow; 03-09-2024 at 12:19 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilzbow View Post
    I ran mine on the shaft for 9 months but just installed Target Lock. With the integration, functionality and it currently being $500 off I didn’t see any reason to choose another option. Plus if you already have power run to MegaLive all you need to do is change the fuse from 2 AMP to AMP, install the hardware and you’re good to go.
    Currently I have a cigaretter style plug adapter with 2 amp fuse I just plug into the port on bow for my megalive.

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
    Currently I have a cigaretter style plug adapter with 2 amp fuse I just plug into the port on bow for my megalive.
    I think I would use something with a better power connection than this. I would be afraid that this kind of connection might affect image quality... but that's just me.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I think I would use something with a better power connection than this. I would be afraid that this kind of connection might affect image quality... but that's just me.
    I completely agree with you on this. It's kind of my "temp" solution for the time being until I get a dedicated battery for electronics and do a full rewire on my boat.

6. Member
    Anyone use the pole mount from tackleshackllc? Looks like a good alternative between an automated option and having a pole mount on the front deck or rail on the boat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilzbow View Post
    I ran mine on the shaft for 9 months but just installed Target Lock. With the integration, functionality and it currently being $500 off I didn’t see any reason to choose another option. Plus if you already have power run to MegaLive all you need to do is change the fuse from 2 AMP to AMP, install the hardware and you’re good to go.
    Was this supposed to be 3 or 5 AMP? Finally installed the ML on my Ultrex and hoping to get it on the water in a week or two. If it works decently I might bite the bullet and order Target Lock.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSL6 View Post
    Was this supposed to be 3 or 5 AMP? Finally installed the ML on my Ultrex and hoping to get it on the water in a week or two. If it works decently I might bite the bullet and order Target Lock.
    Target Lock needs a 5 AMP fuse. See link.

https://humminbird-help.johnsonoutdo...n-Requirements
    Last edited by Tilzbow; 03-09-2024 at 12:53 AM.

9. Member
    I have mine on a rite hite turret. Only way to go. Several brands of similar technology on the market.