Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fish finder help.

Want to replace my old lowrance fish finder. I went to look at the lowrance HDS 9. But found out it is a transom mount. The transducer is to long to mount on a trolling motor. I’m looking for a trolling motor fish finder that the transducer will mount under the motor. Is there a fish finder that has down scan and side image that mounts on the trolling motor? Thanks

2. Member
    Garmin

3. #FRB
    I run a Garmin gt54 on my Ultrex and it mounts up fine. I'm sure the GT56 will too.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

4. Member
    Where is the sketch on your trolling motor? Directly behind the prop or at the front of the foot?

5. Member
    The sketch is right in front of the prop. Then about 11 inches to the front of the motor.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Where is the skeg on your trolling motor? Directly behind the prop or at the front of the foot?
    Edit: skeg not sketch

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tknight View Post
    The sketch is right in front of the prop. Then about 11 inches to the front of the motor.
    Does Transducer Shield and Saver not make a TM mount for the transducer you want to run?

8. Member
    It looks like they do. Anybody put the 3in1 live on a trolling motor using the transducer shield and saver adapter? How long is the 3in1 transducer. Thanks

9. Member
    Want to replace my old lowrance fish finder. I went to look at the lowrance HDS 9. But found out it is a transom mount. The transducer is to long to mount on a trolling motor. I’m looking for a trolling motor fish finder that the transducer will mount under the motor. Is there a fish finder that has down scan and side image that mounts on the trolling motor? Thanks
    Most do their side scanning at the console. You might find the Lowrance transducer useful that gives both 2-D and downscan.

10. Member
    You won't get a good side imaging readout with it mounted on a swivel. Mount it on the transom. When you turn it distorts the image.

11. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    I run a GT56 with a transducer shield on my Ultrex. Check out their website https://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/order/

Call them if you need to. Their customer service is excellent and will tell you exactly what you need for any combination TM and xdcr

12. Member
    If you want it on the trolling motor, don’t let anyone we talk you out of it. It will work. Yes if you just spin it, if is s smeary mess. But if you set the head at an angle and turn the boat, you in can get a great image on the outward beam.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

13. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    If you want it on the trolling motor, don’t let anyone we talk you out of it. It will work. Yes if you just spin it, if is s smeary mess. But if you set the head at an angle and turn the boat, you in can get a great image on the outward beam.
    Yes sir. About the only time I'm using SI on the troller is if I'm straight lining it looking for something. Then I'll switch back to DI while spot lighting

14. Member
    It’s a good point that side scan distorts when on a swivel. If I mount the transducer on the transom, can I put the monitor up front and still see what’s under the front of the boat. I got about $1000 to spend on a fish finder. I would like it up front on the trolling motor head. I have a very old lowrance at the console which I can deal with for now. Best fish finder for up front?.

15. Member
    I know that at one time you could trade in a transom mount transducer for
    a trolling motor transducer, new and unopened (humminbird). Do the other manufacturers offer the same thing?
    2011 Lowe Skorpion, 18hp nissan, Ultrex, Helix 9 G3, Impulse Lithium

16. Member
    I don’t think that lowrance makes a trolling motor mountable transducer. I’m leaning towards the hds9 with the transducer shield and saver mount. I will be using 2 d more than anything. So side image is not that important. Thoughts?

17. Member
    Have you used Down Scan? It can give more info than 2D can. So plan on seeing that a bit before you discount it.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

18. Member
    Big fish Steve, I should have said 2d / downscan. I’m pretty new to the updated fishfinders. Soooo many terms and different names for the same things. I’m liking the fish reveal that I’ve seen on videos and (simulator only). Is fish reveal the better setting to use instead of 2d or Dow’s can by themselves?

19. Member
    Could I put one transducer at the transom and one at the trolling motor and switch back and forth if I want sidescan from the back transducer ?

20. Member
    Could I put one transducer at the transom and one at the trolling motor and switch back and forth if I want sidescan from the back transducer ?
    Side scan needs to be moving to work so it's really only useful with the transducer on the transom connected to console unit, basically you're not going to get anything out of it at the bow while sitting still.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast