Padded Compression Gloves-Anybody use them for fishing?

And if so, Would you have any recommendations on which ones to use?
    Three weeks after trigger release surgery for three fingers on the Left hand, it is not closing fully to grip a rod at the moment. So I am using spinng rods and casting rods that have reels for left hand retrieve only. I have been out four or five times and last time out I held a rod in my left hand and fished a while.
    Paid the price for it the next day.

Started therapy for it Monday.
    Therapist is recommends getting a padded compression glove to assist in gripping a rod.
    Also to try grip wraps over the existing rod grips.
    Hopefully my grip will improve over the next month of rehab.
    We will see.
    Thanks

2. Member
    The padded weightlifting gloves at Wal Mart work well - they sell varying amounts of padding, and the deluxe ones work well for padding a trigger finger incision.

It also helps to wrap your fishing rod handle in Coban. They sell it at Academy - buy the 2 or 3 inch width. Wrap the handle to nearly double it's normal width with most of the roll. Remove it in two weeks when your motion is better.
    Last edited by blakesfav; 03-06-2024 at 02:40 PM.

I've tried a variety of off-name fingerless fishing gloves (mainly to prevent UV exposure) - some were padded, and some were padded better than others. But I tested a set of fingerless bicycle gloves that had much thicker padding than any of the fishing ones. I'll see if I can find a link.
    If you do some Google searching, use "bicycle" vs. "fishing" and you will likely have better luck finding heavier padding.

I have psoriatic arthritis in my hands as well as everywhere else. The pain in my right index and middle finger joints is so bad sometimes that I have to use a spinning rod. A side arm roll cast with a 7'4" baitcaster will put tears in my eyes.

I use all kinds of pain relief ointments and gels that help temporarily but what really has given me more relief are some Imak compression gloves. They aren't padded but could easily be worn under some fishing gloves. I just wore them pretty consistently for a week or two and my pain level in my hands is down considerably.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GAOHSY...roduct_details
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

5. Member
    Thanks to all of you for the tips.
    I will try several I found on Amazon while searching.