Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    I'll be at the expo one of the days for sure, but won't be fighting the crowd at the weigh-in. I went last time they were here and to get a seat you have to be in line early. Then you get in and have to sit through 2 hours of miscellaneous stuff waiting for the weigh-in to start.
    This sounds like a good tip. Would Saturday be better? Anything good going on on Friday?

What about a wife that has no interest what so ever in bass fishing or outdoors in general...anything of interest for her? Her idea of adventure is going to the Mall on Saturday. I mentioned going to the Amish grocery store in Chouteau, she thought that would be fun. Best apple butter you ever tasted.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

I was gonna try and go but a buddy and I decided to book a trip to Fork instead. Hopefully, those scopers left us a couple or 3 bigs. I grew up fishing Grand. Sure miss that lake. Gonna be some scopin’ machines up there.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    This sounds like a good tip. Would Saturday be better? Anything good going on on Friday?

What about a wife that has no interest what so ever in bass fishing or outdoors in general...anything of interest for her? Her idea of adventure is going to the Mall on Saturday. I mentioned going to the Amish grocery store in Chouteau, she thought that would be fun. Best apple butter you ever tasted.
    Dutch Pantry in Chouteau, best buffet I've ever been to. Table full of homemade pies.....

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

Planning on it
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

Quote Originally Posted by senkoboy View Post
    Dutch Pantry in Chouteau, best buffet I've ever been to. Table full of homemade pies.....
    I've heard that was great as well. I could have spent $1000 on cheeses, jams, jellies, and sweet rolls and bread at that grocery store/bakery. I didn't even look into pickles, peppers, and deli meats that they have.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    I'll be looking for your smiling faces on TV
    Last edited by RangrSkipr; 03-06-2024 at 09:16 PM.

7. Member
    Me and wife

8. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by movinglights72 View Post
    Anyone know much info on going to take off? My 8 year old and I are gonna drive up. Wasn’t sure how crazy it is if we drive out there for Saturday morning.
    we went one morning the last one, don't remember which day but it wasn't bad at all. I don't remember how early we got there. we live about 1.5 hrs away and I suspect I timed it to be 1/2 hr to 45 minutes early. We parked fairly close and milling around it wasn't too awful crowded..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

9. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    I've heard that was great as well. I could have spent $1000 on cheeses, jams, jellies, and sweet rolls and bread at that grocery store/bakery. I didn't even look into pickles, peppers, and deli meats that they have.
    we live about 15 minutes from the cheese house, the place is downright dangerous.. Get you some cashew crunch, it's addictive as hell, we call it Amish Crack lol! Have you ever been to JL's BBQ? It's right on the highway between Chouteau and Pryor. EXCELLENT BBQ and the baked beans will be the best ya ever had and the potato wedges are pretty special too.. you could go take in blast off, mill around the lake a while then hit JL's for lunch then take the wife to the cheese house on the way back to T-town.. And speaking of that, my wife don't give a rip about fishing either but she had a great time at the expo and weigh in..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

10. Member
    I'll be fishing. Have fun!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    we live about 15 minutes from the cheese house, the place is downright dangerous.. Get you some cashew crunch, it's addictive as hell, we call it Amish Crack lol! Have you ever been to JL's BBQ? It's right on the highway between Chouteau and Pryor. EXCELLENT BBQ and the baked beans will be the best ya ever had and the potato wedges are pretty special too.. you could go take in blast off, mill around the lake a while then hit JL's for lunch then take the wife to the cheese house on the way back to T-town.. And speaking of that, my wife don't give a rip about fishing either but she had a great time at the expo and weigh in..
    The cheese house? Just go across the street to the Dutch pantry and eat real food!

12. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie74133 View Post
    The cheese house? Just go across the street to the Dutch pantry and eat real food!
    2 totally different deals there dude,,, the pantry is a restaurant (and it's good), the cheese house is a store.. I haven't been in a long time but the country cottage buffet in Locust Grove was a tad better than the pantry..
    Last edited by lakefolk; 03-06-2024 at 08:56 PM.

13. Member
    2 totally different deals there dude,,, the pantry is a restaurant (and it's good), the cheese house is a store..
    Yeah I know, we go to the Pantry about one or twice per month. We'll sometimes go to the cheese house. My wife likes the bakery.

14. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie74133 View Post
    Yeah I know, we go to the Pantry about one or twice per month. We'll sometimes go to the cheese house. My wife likes the bakery.
    i edited while you were posting.. Have you been to the country cottage in Locust Grove? Like i said in the edit I haven't been in a while but it used to be awesome..

15. Member
    i edited while you were posting.. Have you been to the country cottage in Locust Grove? Like i said in the edit I haven't been in a while but it used to be awesome..
    Country Cottage isn’t anywhere near what is used to be

My only trip up that way was with a friend who owns a house on Grand. He wanted to go up there and make sure the water was all off and everything buttoned up before the hard freeze we had in January. On the way we detoured through Chouteau and the cheese & bakery place. The ladies working there told us that the place across the street was very good. We didn't go there but later on the way back we went through Vinita and stoped at a place called Clanton's. All we had was pie but I saw some plate lunches in there that made me want to go back there too.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

17. Member
    I'll have media passes or something, grew up in Tulsa and on Grand, need to find some place to stay

18. Member
    We went last fall just to see how it compared to the pantry. It wasn't horrible but also not worth the extra 7 miles. Do you remember about 15 years ago when over 300 people got sick with E-coli from the well water they used? I was raised with my grandparents and the fried chicken at the Dutch pantry is the closest thing I've ever had to my grandmothers cast iron skillet fried chicken. The gravy tastes like it was actually made from the grease drippings. Some people only like super crispy heavily breaded fried chicken and they would think I'm crazy to like flour dusted fried chicken that's slightly soggy. It seriously takes me back in time every time we eat there.

19. Member
    My only trip up that way was with a friend who owns a house on Grand. He wanted to go up there and make sure the water was all off and everything buttoned up before the hard freeze we had in January. On the way we detoured through Chouteau and the cheese & bakery place. The ladies working there told us that the place across the street was very good. We didn't go there but later on the way back we went through Vinita and stoped at a place called Clanton's. All we had was pie but I saw some plate lunches in there that made me want to go back there too.
    Clanton's is good stuff. Awesome chicken fried steak. They are famous for their calf fries.

20. Member
    I'm in , taking the bride and making a short vacation out of it . Love it and have alot of fun seeing some of my fishing heros ! I'll be trying to make a decision on a 24 v lithium for the trolling motor . Nice place to compare products and sometimes get a good deal .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast