Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    2,316

    Broncos Cut Russell Wilson

    Broncos wanted free of Wilson so bad they paid him $85 million to go away. Wow!

  2. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    21,565
    #2
    Let's ride! LOL. The Broncos acquiring Wilson will go down as probably the biggest mistake by a GM in NFL history.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

  3. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    357
    #3
    Unbelievable. The Broncos QB situation has been an absolute train wreck since the Sheriff retired

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ogden, Utah
    Posts
    1,170
    #4
    Dang I wish they would have kept him around a few more yrs. Either way they are paving the road for the Chiefs to win the AFC West for 7th year in a row.

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Coal City Illinois
    Posts
    9,168
    #5
    No worse than Chitown getting Mitch Tribustky or Rick Mired through the years.

  6. young angler 188Musky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    The shores of Lake Michigan, Wisconsin
    Posts
    16,048
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    No worse than Chitown getting Mitch Tribustky or Rick Mired through the years.
    Oh, it's a lot worse.

  7. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oxford, FL
    Posts
    6,552
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkc View Post
    Dang I wish they would have kept him around a few more yrs. Either way they are paving the road for the Chiefs to win the AFC West for 7th year in a row.
    Keep him around to just maintain a mediocre status?
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

  8. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    21,565
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpDonkey View Post
    Unbelievable. The Broncos QB situation has been an absolute train wreck since a year before the Sheriff retired

    Fixed it
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ogden, Utah
    Posts
    1,170
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    Keep him around to just maintain a mediocre status?
    absolutely ( I am a chiefs fan,, stuck with numerous bronco fans in the area, like seeing them be miserable)

  10. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wilmington, MA
    Posts
    2,242
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Broncos wanted free of Wilson so bad they paid him $85 million to go away. Wow!
    Correction, the team will take a 85 million dollar hit on dead money towards the cap , Wilson will receive 39 million salary , if he gets picked up the new team pays a portion.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

  11. Moderator Mark Perry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Runaway Bay, Texas
    Posts
    82,812

  12. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hampden
    Posts
    20,486
    #12
    Where will he land? I'm not hoping to see him in NE but wouldn't be shocked if it happened. Seems like the kind of move Belichick would've made. He was actually having a decent year (for a change) until the Broncs tried to force him to change his contract
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

  13. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Centertown MO
    Posts
    462
    #13
    Why did it take them so long. Wilson is one of the most over rated player in the NFL.

  14. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wagoner OK
    Posts
    29,073
    #14
    and the powers that be and many fans thought putting Elway out to pasture was the answer...


    "Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

    "A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

  15. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Dubuque ia
    Posts
    2,288
    #15
    Only ever liked seein him in hopes his wife would be close. She nice! Love me some ciara!

  16. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    1,215
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Let's ride! LOL. The Broncos acquiring Wilson will go down as probably the biggest mistake by a GM in NFL history.
    Its certainly right up there (or down there, depending on how you look at it) with the deal Mike Lynn of the Minnesota Vikings made with Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys to acquire Herschel Walker back in the day.

  17. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    11,082
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BassDaggett View Post
    Its certainly right up there (or down there, depending on how you look at it) with the deal Mike Lynn of the Minnesota Vikings made with Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys to acquire Herschel Walker back in the day.
    The Browns and Deshaun Watson doesn't take much of a backseat to either of these
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

  18. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    1,215
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    The Browns and Deshaun Watson doesn't take much of a backseat to either of these
    At least the Browns got a sold citizen...

  19. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    984
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    No worse than Chitown getting Mitch Tribustky or Rick Mired through the years.
    They drafted those guys....big difference. The Broncos willingly gave a HUGE contract to a declining, older player. One of the worst signings ever

  20. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cedar Falls, Iowa
    Posts
    9,653
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    Only ever liked seein him in hopes his wife would be close. She nice! Love me some ciara!
    Yeah, she’s hot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast