LIvescope box in Caracal

I have a 2020 Caracal and I am switching from an Active Target to a Livescope. The box for my Active Target is in the drivers storage box just in front of the console. The cable that goes from the Garmin graph to the Garmin box is only 6 foot long and is not going to reach to where my current box is. Where have others mounted their Garmin black box and how did you run the cables from the graph up front to the box?

2. Member
    Mine is in the center rod locker. Mounted to the bottom,under the rod tubes.

Get the extension cable and put it where your AT box was, it's heavy, keep it as far from the nose as you can.

4. Member
    You can get the 6pin network cable that’s 20’ long off Amazon. And then you can set it as far back as your livescope transducer cable will let you

5. Member

6. Member
    I have mine forward in the drivers side locker along with the ionic 30ah battery. Haven’t really noticed a difference in performance but I have too much tackle anyway.

7. Member
    Here is a pic of mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by lost-in-salt View Post
    I have a 2020 Caracal and I am switching from an Active Target to a Livescope. The box for my Active Target is in the drivers storage box just in front of the console. The cable that goes from the Garmin graph to the Garmin box is only 6 foot long and is not going to reach to where my current box is. Where have others mounted their Garmin black box and how did you run the cables from the graph up front to the box?

I have 2 Black Boxes mounted in my driver side rod locker against the console.
    Got the longer cables and it all fit perfect.
    Can post a picture later if you would like

2023 Caracal

Paul

PROUD BBC SPONSOR

All great suggestions, do not use the mounting screws provided with the GLS-10 box. Make sure you through bolt the unit, it will come loose eventually.
    Kyle Smith
    Texas Boat Works, Fort Worth, TX
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 4x4 (Deleted)
    2011 Bass Cat Eyra 250 Pro XS
    BASB08005G011 / SN: 2B017333