Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    He's not wrong. The bottom line is the anglers who are opting to embrace it and utilize it as a tool to do their job well are succeeding. It doesn't mean it is the only way to fish. Every angler has the right to decide how they want to fish, as well as the bait and technology that is available and legal to use during competition. However, if you opt not to use every advantage available to you and you get beat, it doesn't give you the right to crap all over how others choose to do their job.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Its getting beyond ridiculous now.

Why?

This is no different than when side scan came out.

Map chips too.

Or 360.

used to watch them drop on a fish with 2D, now it’s FFS. Not any different.

These tours exist to sell product.

FFS will only get better, it’s not going anywhere.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Its getting beyond ridiculous now.

Amen brother!
    ďIt ainít what you donít know that gets you into trouble. Itís what you know for sure that just ainít so. ď Ė Mark Twain

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Funny just finished Luke's podcast with Drew Gill. One of the last statements was. In the past it was " Grow the sport they are our future ". Now it's Whaaaaa these young kids are ruining the sport with FFS. "
    To be honest I was on the fence with this FFS deal. Gill actually pushed me to the limit or ban FFS side. He basically said what took days of fishing to figure out can be done in 45 minutes by watching what the fish are doing, how they are reacting and adjusting lures, how fish react to them etc. Then he said he fished a tournament and didn't use it and did poorly and if he was using it he could have seen what the fish were doing and adjusted. Tournament fishing and good anglers did that in their head from experience or just a gut feeling. Now we have a screen and a box that does that for those skilled in that technology. For or against it does take away from what a good tournament fisherman had to be able to do, figuring out the fish, pattern, instinct, experience etc. Is it just a different skill set, maybe so. But for sure its a big change in what tournament fishing is and was. For those that can use it very well its like a football teams defense knowing what play is coming,,,with the argument "but you still have to make the tackle".

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Click.
    Click, Click, BOOM!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Any time Mulligan is involved there is drama, clickbait king and his groupies will tell him he’s a hero and so on.
    I mean. The guy just made the elites and then finished top 10 in his first 2 events... dude is a hammer.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Why?

Map chips too.

Or 360.

I agree its probably not going anywhere,,except getting much better. But to say its no different from a mapping chip that shows coutours, 360 thats not real time and 2d is not my experience. I started fishing when the super 60 flasher was the thing. I still can't reliably tell you its a fish, for sure not what size fish and not how its reacting other than up and down. I can turn on livescope and not touch any settings and see fish real time. I may not know what I'm looking at but can still see them.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBarBack View Post
    I mean. The guy just made the elites and then finished top 10 in his first 2 events... dude is a hammer.
    Never mentioned his fishing abilities, yes he is very good. He’s also good at clickbait and that what I was talking about very plainly.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    I agree it’s probably not going anywhere,,except getting much better. But to say it’s no different from a mapping chip that shows coutours, 360 thats not real time and 2d is not my experience. I started fishing when the super 60 flasher was the thing. I still can't reliably tell you its a fish, for sure not what size fish and not how it’s h reacting other than up and down. I can turn on livescope and not touch any settings and see fish real time. I may not know what I'm looking at but can still see them.
    oh I know it is more advanced, I am just talking about the change to the game.

Tre triangler fisherman who were good off shore hated waypoints and mapping.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novakevlar View Post
    Wonderful, another 4000 threads we get to comment on! Padding the post count baby. Makes you wonder how some of the old timers here at BBC got their 30,000+ post count. Must have been around the time the first fiberglass rod was invented and guys had to give up their bamboo and horsehair setups!
    IN!

11. Member
    oh I know it is more advanced, I am just talking about the change to the game.

Tre triangler fisherman who were good off shore hated waypoints and mapping.
    Agree, Its another level and a major advancement that pros have to learn or they will be behind the curve. I see a lot of "retirements" in the future. Especially from those that don't adapt and are not big marketing draws. Some of the good marketers can survive on videos of how bad they did

12. Member
    Bass just needs a senior division to shut all the olds up.

13. Member
    Got to spend money to make money. Got to spend time learning and better your self. Yes paying attention to the guys catching fish pays off. They caught them now donít want all to use it. Naw ainít happening.

14. Member
    Why?

Map chips too.

Or 360.

This couldn’t be further from the truth but that is just my opinion and we are all entitled to our own.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

15. Member
    I started watching his videos when I was contemplating buying FFS. He sold me on FFS. His videos are informative and I've learned a lot about FFS from him.

That said...I feel like as time has passed and his popularity has sky-rocketed, he's become more arrogant and cocky about things. He's big on doing things his way and not being reliant on sponsors to survive in professional bass fishing. That's cool, even commendable, but there's really no reason to be a d-bag while doing it 'his way', especially taking shots at the veterans whose heads are spinning bc of FFS taking over.

So, at this point, I've lost some respect for Ben as an individual but it doesn't take away the fact that he's the next big thing and one hell of an angler. I'm sure some of his arrogance comes from years and years of people hating on him and what he's doing and he might feel justified in letting it rip now like he does.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Any time Mulligan is involved there is drama, clickbait king and his groupies will tell him he’s a hero and so on.
    "Mulligan" LOL! I love a good nickname -almost as good as "Me-likin". I root against him- just for his own health's sake. If his head gets any bigger it will explode like the heads exploded in the old "Scanners" movie, or "Mars Attacks".

17. Member
    There's absolutely no reason the older guys can't learn ffs & be good with it. Plain & simple they have their heads stuck in the mud based on their preconcieved notions on what bass fishing is suppose to be. Plain & simple they need to use every availabe tool which ffs is the best tool ever available to them) or they need to retire from tournament fishing & work in the fishing industry just like they always have done.

I like that he's taking cash from all these guys, especially those that didn't consider him to be a professional fishermen before he made the Elites.

19. Member
    Yep. Like the guy or not, he is a hammer. Before he moved down here, I would occasionally watch him, but it wasn't till then that I followed him regularly. One of my guides (the capn'Ron mentioned in his original post) told me 5 years ago that this guy would take the elites by storm.

20. Member
    Tools of/for success. Filling a livewell get the grease hot. Pass up the bigger images on the screen they don’t eat as good as a 2 lb’er.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast