Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    Ok, A guy from Texas outfishes me when I go to upstate NY for many years.
    Caught hundreds of smallmouth close to 6 lbs but never over that.
    Fished the Susquehanna River which is a world class SM fishery a bunch of times and never broke 5lbs.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by cmclairday2 View Post
    That’s called an embarrassment of riches and it makes me angry and jealous

Thank goodness for dumb fish. Occasionally I trick one or two.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Thank goodness for dumb fish. Occasionally I trick one or two.
    my biggest, 6 1/2 lbs, came out of 4 foot of water in july. like you said, ill take dumb luck any day

4. Banned
    My brother inlaw caught a 12.8 in Dale Creek. He got a backlash. Made a long cast out in the middle to clear it and caught the giant.

5. Member
    I fished Fork every December thru February from 1990-97. I usually fished the very north end if was a warming trend. At the time I was lost trying to fish deep, so naturally I struggled when a front hit. But I did get a 10lb 15oz on a DD 22 in White Oak once when it was 14 degrees. And one late January day had 5 close to 40lbs on a spinnerbait in a little ditch called Elm creek. That was the most fun I've ever had there.

6. Member
    As I know Mark can attest to. that there are guys who have fished Fork all their lives and have never caught a DD. I have fished it since it opened and have caught my fair share of DD but then again when I fish Fork, I am only looking for 1 good bite. I have been skunked more times than I can count, but I do have a SAL and happy.
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

Quote Originally Posted by SAL man View Post
    As I know Mark can attest to. that there are guys who have fished Fork all their lives and have never caught a DD. I have fished it since it opened and have caught my fair share of DD but then again when I fish Fork, I am only looking for 1 good bite. I have been skunked more times than I can count, but I do have a SAL and happy.

Fork is the most humbling lake I have ever fished.

When I was stationed at Fort Polk, LA I spent a week there fishing. Biggest (for me) was just shy of 5lbs....but we did manage to catch a ton of fish. This was back in the early 90s. Way less pressure than there is now.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    11.23lbs

I have caught more 7-9lb fish there than I can count. I've spent a ton of time on that lake. I would go and fish it for 5-6 days straight pretty often. We lived out there for a while too.
    What you saw on TV made it look a lot easier than it really is. Some of the most pressured fish in Texas and the U.S.
    More times than not it's a tough, tough fishery. People show up with unreasonable abd unrealistic expectations. Most fishermen are not gonna catch them like they just did. I will say though when it's on and you have that magical day it makes the rough days worth it. It's a special, special place. I'm thankful that it's been such a big part of my life over the years.
    This is 100% true. I live about 2 hours from Fork. Fished fork 1 time in my life. My partner and I fished the sealy big bass splash last year. We caught 5 total fish. 3 in the slot ranging from 4-7lbs. 2 fish that were unders. That was 2 days of fishing. Was not prepared at all for that lake. I have FFS and everything and still couldnt catch them like you hear all the time. honestly, i would rather fish many other lakes nearby besides fork. Might fish another big bass tournament for the heck of it but thats it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12