Live image projected on your glasses.

Just saw a video of someone with a $500 pair of glasses that they connect to their phone, having their live scope image projected on to their glasses. Where will all this end. It actually was pretty neat, and image was fully adjustable. They used a Garmin app that allowed their phone to receive its image. Not sure if Mega live has this app as I don't have mega live yet, but the rate that all of this is progressing is something to watch.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musky/ed View Post
    Where will all this end.
    It won't

3. Member
    I can see that. Active Captain Helm lets you view/record video from the display, so if there are glasses that can view what’s on your phone, it should work. Wow…

4. Member
    Saw it on another forum, but look up, Jay Siemens youtube. It's really impressive.

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    You could do this with Mega Live connected to an Apex. With the HDMI Out on the Apex, you can stream to a phone. At that point, you could use the same tools to view on the glasses.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. Member
    How would you see to cast?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilzbow View Post
    How would you see to cast?
    Theirs no need to cast. Just drop your hummingbird linked lure into the water and it will run itself to the fish you are spotlighting on your mega live.

8. Member
    Just get the APP!
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

9. Member
    They are basically ugly sunglasses with what looks to be two little pods that project an image on them. You could look up the video and you would have a better understanding. I can see in the future this being refined somewhat as they really are bulky and ugly.
    Heck, I don't even have Mega live yet, but I can see the younger gen looking at this.

10. Member
    Well if you paid attention this weekend to the BASS tournament at lake fork... the network was using that technology to pic n picture garmin ffs on tv. Like sly said, hdmi on a Apex can achieve the same thing.. but has to be cabled... the Garmin app allows wireless connectivity the best I can tell

11. Member
    The next big steps are going to be glasses that you can see Mega Live in and the transducer will move with the movements of your head. Your vision will aim the transducer.

Touch the side of the glasses and it will go back to normal--touch again and glasses see the screen and transducer is enabled for tracking again. Everyone thinks its going to be better transducers and better clarity but, I think it the former they are working on right now. Bookmark this post.

If you are reading this post Humminbird---I have many more great ideas and I am willing to work remotely for your R & D for the right salary.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foo View Post
    The next big steps are going to be glasses that you can see Mega Live in and the transducer will move with the movements of your head. Your vision will aim the transducer.

Touch the side of the glasses and it will go back to normal--touch again and glasses see the screen and transducer is enabled for tracking again. Everyone thinks its going to be better transducers and better clarity but, I think it the former they are working on right now. Bookmark this post.

If you are reading this post Humminbird---I have many more great ideas and I am willing to work remotely for your R & D for the right salary.

Head tracking has been going on for years in RC FPV ( Radio Control - First Person View ).

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foo View Post

I predict a 360 degree (stationary) Live transducer.