Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Some of the Marlin tournaments already have a sonar division

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan 492VS View Post
    Put the fossils out in the pasture. The life long fishing pro’s that is. Any other professional sport has a limited career of time and gets replaced by a younger and more talented player. Fishing should be no different.
    Except fishing is not a "professional sport". "Outdoor sporting event" I will buy, but these guys are nowhere near professional athletes.
    2014 920/SHO

3. Member
    I don't see FFS being banned. But I bet number of units and transducers gets set in the rules.

4. Member
    The first pro to show up in a pontoon boat with 8 screens and 10 transducers will get the ball rolling. It’s funny but why do you even need a bass boat with livescope. I don’t need to go far I just need more screen and more battery.

5. Member
    So will all the results for 2024 now display an asterisk?
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim285pro View Post
    Another dumb comment. You fill the ratio nicely
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by Jim285pro View Post
    The first pro to show up in a pontoon boat with 8 screens and 10 transducers will get the ball rolling. It’s funny but why do you even need a bass boat with livescope. I don’t need to go far I just need more screen and more battery.
    That's what I'm talking about! Screw the bassboat all together! My wife would even get on board with this.

8. Member
    Always the old dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Has it thought? I'm not sure they show any data to the public about breakdowns numbers wise. Garmin makes billions. Bass fishing is a very small part of the company.
    I agree with Mark on this 100%. FFS is a very big outside the bass tournament world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumour2u View Post
    Always the old dudes
    I think it has more to do with they’ve been there and done that and don’t have anything to lose by speaking out. Young guys can’t afford to speak out against subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by BalsaBee View Post
    We'll see how talented they are when they turn off the spotlight.
    the kid from Maine fishes one lure......... and when he changed it was from brown to white.........................

Greg Hackney stated that on a tournament on the great lakes that those who were using FFS wanted the tournament day to be cancelled because of the wind. He stated not because of safety as there were places to fish out of the wind but by those who knew that the wind made their FFS plans useless because of the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Young guys can’t afford to speak out against subjects.
    Gen Z's are pretty damn arrogant.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    If it starts affecting sales of other non electronics companies negatively then you probably will see some changes. There are far more non electronics companies involved in bass fishing than electronics companies.
    Throw in the fact that a LOT of pro anglers are no longer being single company user of electronics and spend their own money to buy multiple brands.
    When bait/rod cl panties start dropping anglers for budget reasons etc it's gonna cause a bit of a conundrum.
    Also tournament fishing is such a small.part of these electronics companies emphasis.
    I’m probably wrong, but I can’t help but think at some point boat manufacturers will take a hit. I could see younger generations prioritizing electronics above everything else. If they feel the need to have $20k of electronics, or more, they may opt for a cheaper used boat to accommodate their budget.

15. Member
    Put the fossils out in the pasture. The life long fishing pro’s that is. Any other professional sport has a limited career of time and gets replaced by a younger and more talented player. Fishing should be no different.
    I agree. The negative Nancy's see their exit in the near future and don't like it. Bass fishing has changed and the younger stars are taking over.......just like any other sport.

I don't see any big rule changes coming.

16. Member
    Good for mark. I respect old guys. Glad he’s still getting out.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

17. dartag1829
    I could see 1 screen and in transducer. The guys that are good will still dominate with it. Would be amazing if they did an all out ban with the amount of money the companies spend on tours and retail sales. Going to be interesting to see if local trails ban it.

18. Member
    All these pros talking non stop about growing the sport the last several years.....Well guess what, it grew and this is what you get. Bunch of grumpy old men now crying about it.

19. Member
    Why haven’t these pros been crying for the past 3 years?

Any other professional sport has limited technology at some point as well

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast