Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Lots of non tournament guys use shiners here this time of year. When I had the shop. Sold at least 1000 a week. It’s fun and great way for young kids to catch ‘em.

2. Member
    I know there are specific scenarios where live bait could be used really effectively in a tournament scenario. Honest question because I don't use live bait ever. Would using it make hard to catch fish a lot easier to catch? For example, I spend time on weed lines and rock humps and sometimes they are PICKY. I am switching baits constantly trying to get them to bite. If I were to put a leach or minnow on, would a lot more fish bite? I think I may try it pleasure fishing this year just to see if I can pull more and/or bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    I know there are specific scenarios where live bait could be used really effectively in a tournament scenario. Honest question because I don't use live bait ever. Would using it make hard to catch fish a lot easier to catch? For example, I spend time on weed lines and rock humps and sometimes they are PICKY. I am switching baits constantly trying to get them to bite. If I were to put a leach or minnow on, would a lot more fish bite? I think I may try it pleasure fishing this year just to see if I can pull more and/or bigger fish.
    Shiners on highland reservoirs on smallmouth are absolutely lethal. Pre FFS I have seen tournament winning bags on my home lake get doubled up by friends shiner fishing on the same days during the same hours. Of course you have to find them as always with it. Get it around one, lights out. Try them in your given scenario, you will have a blast dude

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123