Thread: Jordan lake

Jordan lake

Folks the fish are on secondary points all over the lake. My best 5 bubba showed was 24.06 Saturday. Broke off on 2 BIG fish during hook set of a crank and of a jackhammer! My biggest was 7.66 on a wakazaki mega bass that fought like a 10+ and when she came up I thought 9-10 lbs but Bubba scales said I misjudged lol. ALL bass was in 6’ and water temp was 48-49 at 7 am but once the heat kicked in around 2 it got hot. Water temp hit 60 on the south side of 64 on the east side by those laydowns. By the way. Wtf is that bubbling up there in 7’ of water right there as well. Can anyone say what that is. Thanks and be safe. The whole lake was 57 at 3 pm except that one corner by the bubbling water.

2. Member
    Thanks for the report Eddie, we went out today and had zero luck. Water is extremely murky, temps were 55 main lake, 59 in the marina. Didn't even catch one off the rip-rap, ugh...

3. Member
    I seen the lake came up almost 2 foot over night. That would be the problem I’m sure with the water temps. But we do have some resin coming and it’s going to be warm rain. If the lake is 56 degree everywhere. Say we get 2” of rain with it being 65-75 degrees out. And if the wind is also blowing. Everyone this weekend coming up better have their heavy gear in hand. It’s about to break wide open and it’s going to happen fast.

i am still very anxious to know what that bubbling is all about over off the rip raff so of the 64 bridge side and at the end of the rip raff east of the bridge. What’s that bubbling like that? I know someone else has had to of seen this. It’s as if there is a water pipe that’s sticking up off the bottom in 6’ of water shooting water or air out of it making bubbles on top. Not just bubbles and it’s making it look like feeding fish 100 yards away as we thought so as well until we got up on it. Crazy to be honest and very concerning.

4. Member
    Thanks Eddie, glad to see you are on the mend. You are right about it breaking wide open soon. Last year I “missed” the spawn at Jordan, seems one day they were pre and the next day post-spawn.

I have seen the bubbling too, no idea what it is. Could be a natural spring, not sure why a pipe would be there. Have you called DNR or the park to report it?

5. Member
    No Ron ive fished that brush pile that’s near there several times but I’ve never seen it do that bubbling before. It was actually kinda spooky. It never stopped at all either.

You better get out there man.

6. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    Are the bubbles you see a part of the water station? I ask, because years ago I was fishing that old roadbed that runs behind that island and suddenly there was a stream of water shooting out of a pipe, vertically, that was underwater. That pipe was between the island and the bridge and out a ways from shore.
    That event was probably 20 years ago and on a weekday.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bruhn View Post
    No Ron ive fished that brush pile that’s near there several times but I’ve never seen it do that bubbling before. It was actually kinda spooky. It never stopped at all either.

You better get out there man.
    Lots going on this week, will spend some time there starting Saturday.

8. Member
    Let’s say you are on the SE side of 64 on the rippraff point. Go west till the rip raff stops. Back off the bank 10’ and that’s the spot. It looked as if there was an underground pipe on the btm of the lake 6” tall in 6-7’ deep blowing hard enough the water was boiling. Not hot but just boiling. BUT that’s also the spot where the lake was 61 degree at 3 pm while the rest of Tue lake was 55-57

9. Member
    Good luck and be safe sir.

10. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    Oops, not the same place. What I saw was on the NE side.

11. Member
    Since I’m the new one still here here is mine in case I’m wrong on the directions lol. Leaving Ebenizer go to the 64 bridge. Do not go under it. Go right all the way down. When you get to 98% of The ripraff STOP. Go out 6’ of water and it was right there. I’m going to take video Thursday if it’s still boiling ( bubbling ) up. Is there a spot on the other side of the bridge as well?

12. Member
    Since I’m the new one still here here is mine in case I’m wrong on the directions lol. Leaving Ebenizer go to the 64 bridge. Do not go under it. Go right all the way down. When you get to 98% of The ripraff STOP. Go out 6’ of water and it was right there. I’m going to take video Thursday if it’s still boiling ( bubbling ) up. Is there a spot on the other side of the bridge as well?
    Wish I could see ya on the water Thursday, but have to wife to a doctor appt right in the middle of the day. Looks like wind is gonna pick up after that and some thunderstorms.

13. Member
    Our big fish has been coming early in calm water. But The rest was certainly wind blown banks. So bring on the wind. It’ll just make for better spinner bait and crank bait fishing. Hope the best for your wife Ron.

14. Member
    I have been on Jordan last couple of days. On Sunday I saw this thing of water boiling up, looks like it is coming out of a 2-3” pipe, can’t see any pipe though. Went back to that spot on Monday and it wasn’t boiling up. It is interesting as to what it is.
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI

15. Member
    Glad I’m not the only one to see it. LoL