Thread: MINN KOTA

MINN KOTA

I HAVE A 2019 MINN KOTA ULTREX TROLLING MOTOR
    THE FOOT PEDAL QUIT WORKING FOR STEERING.
    I NEED TO BRING IT TO A TROLLING MOTOR REPAIR SHOP.
    BUT TILL THEN WILL MY REMOTE CONTROL TURN IT?
    I TRIED IT YESTERDAY AND IT ONLY WOULD TURN IT ON AND ADJUST THE SPEED.
    I AM NOT SURE IF I HAVE IT PAIRED CORRECTLY.
    I ALSO HAVE THE HUMMINGBIRD HELIX 9.
    ANY SUGGESTIONS ?
    THANKS

2. Member
    The steering mechanism does all the steering no matter if it is from the pedal or the remote. That sounds like your issue. Take it to a minn kota ASC to get it done the best way. Many ASD’s lack the experience that most ASC’s get. Whatever is close to you will be what you have to do though. Some are OK. Good Luck, Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    If you can turn it with the remote, but not with your foot, and spot lock works, then it's probably the motherboard that controls the pedal. I'm no expert, but I've bought 3 and had one replaced under warranty for that exact issue.

4. Member
    It says he can’t turn it with the remote. He has it pared because he can turn it on and adjust speed. Like I said, get it to a minkota repair center and let them fix it.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    You need to bring to n ASC for them to look at. If the Foot pedal or remote does not turn the motor left or right then you could have 2 issues. The steering module is bad or the control board is bad or both. The Module probably is drawing high amps which blew the control board. ASC should know what to do.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    It says he can’t turn it with the remote. He has it pared because he can turn it on and adjust speed. Like I said, get it to a minkota repair center and let them fix it.
    Yea I missed that part. Definitely not just the foot pedal motherboard. Didn't they change that motherboard sometime around 2019 to make it more reliable?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Yea I missed that part. Definitely not just the foot pedal motherboard. Didn't they change that motherboard sometime around 2019 to make it more reliable?
    They did but they still have an internal 3 amp fuse that will blow when the steering module goes bad. Then you have to replace both. The quest has a 10 amp fuse internal, but the new steer motor is rock solid.

I have a 2019 Ultrex and mine did the same thing. I replaced the sensor in the foot pedal and it fixed the issue. Got the part from Trollingmotorparts.com. Here's a video on it very simple. I didn't have a repair shop local and would've had to remove the motor from the boat, drive it 3 hours to a repair shop, wait on them to order parts (they said it would be weeks), and then see what happens. I ordered the part myself and fixed it in a matter of days.

Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    I have a 2019 Ultrex and mine did the same thing. I replaced the sensor in the foot pedal and it fixed the issue. Got the part from Trollingmotorparts.com. Here's a video on it very simple. I didn't have a repair shop local and would've had to remove the motor from the boat, drive it 3 hours to a repair shop, wait on them to order parts (they said it would be weeks), and then see what happens. I ordered the part myself and fixed it in a matter of days.
    From the OP's description I don't believe the steering sensor is his issue.
    When my sensor went out you could still use the remote to turn.

10. Member
    Agree with you Mike. Not a sensor board problem is he can't steer with remote or foot pedal.

What he is describing is exactly what happened to mine when the pedal sensor went out.

12. Member
    THANKS GUYS. I CHANGED THE SENSOR & IT DID NOT FIX IT.I FIGURED IT WAS WORTH A TRY.
    THE CONTROL BOARD COST TOO MUCH TO EXPERIMENT WITH.I NEED TO BRING IT TO A PRO.
    THANKS AGAIN
    MIKE