Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Why do you fish ?

For me it scratches some sort of primal itch deep within me, that's the best explanation I can come up with. Competition has no part in it at all for me. I get the same rush catching insanely aggressive bluegills on ultralight gear that I do on a big bass that just hammered my moving bait into next week.

What's your motivation ?
    Ranting incoherently

2. Member
    Because it’s fun and now I like to piss off the anti-FFS crowd
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

3. Member
    Fun and food. Love me some fried crappie.
    John the Garage Doorman

4. Member
    Not sure I can nail it down specifically. But I’m so glad my dad fished and took me also!
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

5. BBC Lifetime Member Fish TR19's Avatar
    I fish for fun. Haven’t been in a tournament for years. Go when I can and go back home when ever I want.

6. Member
    It's my getaway from the daily grind. Bass, bluegill or crappie it doesn't matter. Not competitive for me either. They taste good too.

7. Member
    Peace, destress, and the enjoyment of fishing/outdoors in general. It’s part of who I am, going back to my great grandfather.

while I’m in the water it feels like life disappears. There’s no work related stress, no woes or worries, all of that dissipates to what I can only describe as peace and revitalization. I prefer remote trout fishing and back woods ponds for bass than anything else, it’s those trips that’s so quiet the only noise is the stream and wind through the trees that both humble and haunt me. There is nothing else than can center me back to myself like fishing. While I truly enjoy using the bass boat as well, I just go to places that aren’t overcrowded even if it means not getting the 20lb bags. Let the others fight over spots on the popular touristy lakes.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

8. Member
    I go to be by myself and to get away from my everyday routine. I really hate how crowded things have gotten the last 10-15 years.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Peace, destress, and the enjoyment of fishing/outdoors in general. It’s part of who I am...
    Perfect!! Nothing else needs to be said.

I fish because I just love being on the water. It's my "happy place".

11. Member
    I have been doing it so long that I just don't know any better - its an affliction.

12. Member
    Just being out on the water by myself. Catching fish is a bonus. It’s in my blood. Wife seems to think I will get over it and getting to old. LOL

I had a deprived childhood.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

Quote Originally Posted by yanknbass View Post
    I had a deprived childhood.
    Didn't we all ?
    Ranting incoherently

15. Member
    For me it’s the peace and quiet and hanging out with my Dad, brother, or my buddies. I just love everything about it. Catching is a bonus.

Marrying my wife who also loves to fish made me realize why I love to fish. Spending time on the water with her and sharing 30 years of memories. We've fished a handful of tournaments, so that is not really our thing, but we are plenty competitive with each other. She kicks my butt on a regular basis! Can't wait for our next trip together.
    Heartwood Fence Co.

17. Member
    I’ve been fishing as long as I can remember. I started with panfish and catching shiners for walleye fishing in my uncle’s creek and switched to bass when I went bass fishing with a buddy in CT while in the Navy and was instantly “hooked’. I get moody my wife says if I don’t go fishing at least once a week.
    Bass Boat