How to "dress" up a lead jig head

What do you guys do to give your jig heads a better look? I made up a bunch of round head jigs and powder coated them white/pink/chart but they still look woefully plain. My jig box looks like amateur hour when compared to store bought ones, and yes I know the fish don't care but I would still like to have a little pride when looking at my DIY jig heads. I am up for anything, I can get new powder paint, I have an air brush station (however I cant get the paint to stick for very long after fishing) I would like them to look a little better. Ideas/pictures?
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

2. Member
    Paint them a light color and then airbrush before clearing or Just add some glitter- green pump with some blue glitter is always nice

Can always put a clear coat to help paint stick. Honestly don’t care what the head looks like just put a plastic on and fish. Maybe you can put some skirts on it or feathers.

4. Member
    You need to clearcoat over airbrush paint or it will not last long when fishing. As for the overall look; what do they look like now, and what do you want them to look like? The jigs I paint for other people are works of art but the ones I fish are the from the rejects pile.

Allen

5. Member
    I just powder coat with white, black, brown, GP or chartreuse and bake them. A lot of times with a color like smoke I just throw it unpainted. I wouldn't overthink it.

6. Member
    I gave up on powder coating, baking, etc. I did not feel that the time and effort was worth it. Now I just put on two coats of nail polish.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

7. Member
    If its more for your mind just dip the nose in a different color. For an idea if you have 3/8 and 1/2 in white dip all the noses of the 3/8 in one color and all the 1/2 in another then you know what the sizes are as well

I use fingernail polish on the water or the powder coat stuff at home.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

9. Member
    I like the look of airbrushed and epoxy coat, with a little glitter mixed in. Sometimes I might put on an eye before clear coating.

Of course, it is more fun making really pretty tackle, but for most of my fishing, I just use one color of powder coat, and when we go to Canada, I mostly use unpainted heads. The fish just don't seem to care much about what color the head is.

10. Member
    If you want to get creative look up cadman and brush tapping powder paint. It should take you to a discussion where he explains how he does it. He is a master at this craft.

On bigger jigs, I powder coat, bake, then use clear nail polish with glitter in it. Looks nice. Not sure if it does anything.