Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My son bought a 2021 18 TRX with a 200 4s on a single axle trailer to fit in his garage and other than the seats beaing a little low for my liking it is a great stable boat. He weights about 285 and the boat is not tippey at all. It handle rough water about as good as my Ranger 520L and will run about as fast.

2. Member
    I wonder what the poster who said an 18 TRX is tippy weighs?
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Member
    I read on here somewhere that they make seat risers where you can raise your seat some if necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by carp_mstr View Post
    My son bought a 2021 18 TRX with a 200 4s on a single axle trailer to fit in his garage and other than the seats beaing a little low for my liking it is a great stable boat. He weights about 285 and the boat is not tippey at all. It handle rough water about as good as my Ranger 520L and will run about as fast.

4. Member
    I have had my 18TRX since May 23 and I have no real complaints. If i had to do over again, I would make the same choice and go with the Triton.
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    I read on here somewhere that they make seat risers where you can raise your seat some if necessary.
    My son is planning on raising his seat. My problem has to do with age. I'm 75 and getting up out of the seat is not as easy as my Ranger.

6. Member
    When I got my 19 TRX last year the only thing I didn't like was the seat height. My dealer had a set of risers which had been made by Triton. They had been pulled off another boat. He just gave them to me. They were made of 1/4 inch aluminum and raised the seats 3", just right for my 5'9" double knee replacement older body. The carpet on them was an exact match for my boat.

A comment on the single axle trailer. That's all I had for years because I needed to move it in my garage. My boat previous to my Triton set on a tandem. I bought a set of Harbor Freight wheel dollies which I used to jack up the front axle tires. I found it as easy if not easier to move than my single axle trailers. I kept them for the Triton and same results.

Here's a picture of the riser on the passenger side. Kind of hard to see but the lighting isn't so good in my garage.

thumbnail_IMG_0761.jpg
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    When I got my 19 TRX last year the only thing I didn't like was the seat height. My dealer had a set of risers which had been made by Triton. They had been pulled off another boat. He just gave them to me. They were made of 1/4 inch aluminum and raised the seats 3", just right for my 5'9" double knee replacement older body. The carpet on them was an exact match for my boat.

A comment on the single axle trailer. That's all I had for years because I needed to move it in my garage. My boat previous to my Triton set on a tandem. I bought a set of Harbor Freight wheel dollies which I used to jack up the front axle tires. I found it as easy if not easier to move than my single axle trailers. I kept them for the Triton and same results.

Here's a picture of the riser on the passenger side. Kind of hard to see but the lighting isn't so good in my garage.

thumbnail_IMG_0761.jpg
    That’s good to keep in mind regarding the wheel dollies. It seems that there’s a pretty even split between the 18 TRX being used with a single axle vs dual axle. I’d also be interested to hear people’s experiences with the Triton trailers and whether they’d recommend a dual axle even if it’s slightly more inconvenient in the garage. I have a 90 degree turn into my garage so I don’t know if the dual axle will affect the approach into the garage while backing in as well.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpd_hack View Post
    That’s good to keep in mind regarding the wheel dollies. It seems that there’s a pretty even split between the 18 TRX being used with a single axle vs dual axle. I’d also be interested to hear people’s experiences with the Triton trailers and whether they’d recommend a dual axle even if it’s slightly more inconvenient in the garage. I have a 90 degree turn into my garage so I don’t know if the dual axle will affect the approach into the garage while backing in as well.
    I have to make a 90 degree from the street to my driveway if that counts. I've made it with both tandem and single trailers. There will be a little scrubbing I would think on the front axle tires if you have to turn too sharp. I've not noticed any skid marks on our driveway though. We have a 3 car garage and I park the boat not quite centered between the pillar dividing the 16 and 10 foot doors. I have to come in at an angle toward the center of the garage, unhook and then push the nose over to line it up to leave room for my truck on the 10 foot door side and for the wife's Subaru on the other side. I've done it with both single and tandem. It doesn't take as much effort for me to push the nose over with the tandem and the dollies as it did with the single. Not sure why that is but it is.

The Triton trailers are made by E-Z-Loader. They seem to be well made. E-Z-Loader was also making Ranger trailers at the time I bought mine and as far as I know still are. My dealer had Triton and Ranger. I looked the trailers over pretty good and they appeared to be very similar in construction except for some difference in design and some components. I've not had any issues with mine. I can't say that for the Nitro I had before the Triton. Fenders and steps were bolted on and required a regular inspection. Everything is welded on the Triton. My preference is a tandem because it tows smoother in my opinion and having lost a wheel on a single in my past at least you have another wheel on the ground.
    Last edited by jtrac; 03-09-2024 at 09:21 PM.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

9. Member
    Had mine since 2015. Love the boat. Came out of a Stratos 201proXL. Just spent 7K on new Garmins, LiveScope and Lithium Batteries. It will be my last boat sains winning the lottery.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    I wonder what the poster who said an 18 TRX is tippy weighs?
    Not sure but I’m assuming that I’m the poster you are talking about. I never said an 18 was tippy. I said my 20 is tippy. I weight 225 my partner weighs about the same and I feel every move he makes.

11. Member
    Strange that the 18 TRX responses were different than yours.

Sorry you are having this problem.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

12. Member
    I am very interested in the 18TRX as my next glass boat, if I'm fortunate enough to have a next glass boat that is. Are any of you storing your 18TRX on a single axle trailer in a garage that is 22' or less in length? I don't have much garage length. My double car garage has a free span double garage door. I could angle the boat a little but I can't get past the half way width on the garage since my wife's SUV lives in the other side and it has to stay there. Any input on the minimum garage length needed for a single axle 18TRX with the trailer tongue folded and the engine trimmed straight up and down would be greatly appreciated.

13. Member
    5 years ago I decided on the 18 trx w/ 200 optimax and I’m still happy that I did. I plan to keep it for at least 5 more years. I love the front deck, acceleration and top speed.
    2019 Triton 18 TRX w/ 200 Optimax 4s ProXs
    6" Z-Lock Jackplate & 24p Fury 3 Blade
    80# Ultrex & (2) 9” HDS Live units

14. Member
    Best bang for your buck with the 18trx!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT39 View Post
    Not sure but I’m assuming that I’m the poster you are talking about. I never said an 18 was tippy. I said my 20 is tippy. I weight 225 my partner weighs about the same and I feel every move he makes.
    I wonder if you would find a 21' tippy? My guess is yes since it is the same beam as your 20' and only 1" more than an 18 TRX.

Have you considered a pontoon boat?
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 03-25-2024 at 09:18 PM.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChooChooSnakeMan View Post
    I am very interested in the 18TRX as my next glass boat, if I'm fortunate enough to have a next glass boat that is. Are any of you storing your 18TRX on a single axle trailer in a garage that is 22' or less in length? I don't have much garage length. My double car garage has a free span double garage door. I could angle the boat a little but I can't get past the half way width on the garage since my wife's SUV lives in the other side and it has to stay there. Any input on the minimum garage length needed for a single axle 18TRX with the trailer tongue folded and the engine trimmed straight up and down would be greatly appreciated.

My garage is 22’ and the 18TRX with trailer tongue folded and motor resting on transom saver has about 6” of room left. It’s tight but it works.
    2019 Triton 18 TRX w/ 200 Optimax 4s ProXs
    6" Z-Lock Jackplate & 24p Fury 3 Blade
    80# Ultrex & (2) 9” HDS Live units

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12