Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nice job Trey McKinney

A teenager fishing in the elites is one thing but leading at fork with 67 pounds is another

The stars are lining up for this kid He breaks off his favorite stick bait just to catch the same fish an hour later with that stick bait still in the fish’s mouth
    "The handicapped angler"

2. Member
    Good for him.

3. Member
    He's good on camera too, regardless of age.

Was a lot of bitching and moaning about having to fish all 9 opens, but you can't deny this class is far, far more polished than a lot of rookie classes we see enter the elites.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

It’s refreshing to see a southern IL guy do well. This state doesn’t have much for pro fisherman representation. Just a lot of shallow mud holes and strip mine lakes for the most part to grow up fishing on.
    Last edited by illinifish; 03-02-2024 at 05:45 AM.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

5. Member
    Gonna be a great year

6. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    A teenager fishing in the elites is one thing but leading at fork with 67 pounds is another

The stars are lining up for this kid He breaks off his favorite stick bait just to catch the same fish an hour later with that stick bait still in the fish’s mouth
    I saw that. Absolutely crazy that the fish was still feeding with a three treble jerk in its mouth. The kid is good with goat potential. He reminds me of one of my nephews in TX with same articulation in his speech and how he expresses himself.

7. Member
    I can’t stand him. He has blonde hair. When he comes on the screen I turn off live and put on hgtv.

Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    It’s refreshing to see a southern IL guy do well. This state doesn’t have much for pro fisherman representation. Just a lot of shallow mud holes and stop mine lakes for the most part to grow up fishing on.
    I really like hearing him talk. He has an unusual accent. It's like you mix the North with the South and throw in a touch of Cajun.

9. Member
    And he is on target to break an all time record! at just almost 19

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangrSkipr View Post
    I saw that. Absolutely crazy that the fish was still feeding with a three treble jerk in its mouth. The kid is good with goat potential. He reminds me of one of my nephews in TX with same articulation in his speech and how he expresses himself.
    I saw that catch too. Crazy

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidbassfish View Post
    And he is on target to break an all time record! at just almost 19
    They said his birthday was today. Heckuva birthday present.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    I can’t stand him. He has blonde hair. When he comes on the screen I turn off live and put on hgtv.

And uses that devil’s device called FFS!

I can only imagine the heads that will explode here if this kiddo manages to break the record. I don’t think he will; but if…

Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    And uses that devil’s device called FFS!

I can only imagine the heads that will explode here if this kiddo manages to break the record. I don’t think he will; but if…
    He said he’d rather be up shallow sight fishing
    "The handicapped angler"

14. Member
    Ate breakfast last year at the classic at the same place he was. Seemed like a nice young man. We waited outside for it to open and talked a little bit about fishing.

15. Member
    Video gamer

16. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    .....well there are some others that don't like Matty Wong.....they both talked the same amount....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by poeman View Post
    Ate breakfast last year at the classic at the same place he was. Seemed like a nice young man. We waited outside for it to open and talked a little bit about fishing.
    He can flip and pitch shallow water with the best of them too. He say what he preferred doing?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-slab View Post
    Video gamer
    Would wax you at that... and fishing.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

19. Member
    Good for him. Hope he has a great year

20. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T-slab View Post
    Video gamer
    That’s the most stupid fn take and every time anyone says it I cringe. You and so many others who say this are not thinking. Imagine how much further along many of us would be if our formative years had been in the last decade and a half, where information is a YouTube away and our young minds were still sponges that soaked up all of it. At 44 I have to watch something a few times to even remember the details, and that’s usually after I’ve watched something once, went out and tried it, couldn’t remember half the details and then had to watch it again a few times to get it down. A 12 year old sees something once and it’s locked in. Then go through the boot camps of high school and college fishing, not just taking papaws John boat out to the pond every now and then. Then couple all of that with the most advanced electronics and mapping seen to date in the industry…Now take this entire package and put it on the water and what you have is a fishing machine. It’s stupid to attribute these young anglers success to a little black box and a screen. If you took away FFS tomorrow would it be somewhat of an equalizer? Sure, for a little while. But they would figure it out and figure it out fast. Instead of being the grouchy old man yelling at the kids on his lawn, why not give embracing this new generation a chance and watch what they accomplish?
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast