Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I don't even consider an after market warranty. typically when I buy a new vehicle, i tell the finance manager no before he even says his 5th word. But, I heard something that made me pause- unlimited miles, unlimited years. I bought it. $200 deductable. Works at any toyota dealer. Willl need to wait till I have a problem before I can see it with my own eyes
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

2. Member
    I bought an extended on my last 3 vehicles. It paid off every time. All my friends said I was stupid....I can fix almost anything on my house but...totally inept with my vehicles. Brakes...I can do the brakes. Worth it to me. And yes, it's amazing how they find a lower price when you refuse them

3. Member
    The last time I took my 19 Laramie Longhorn in for service, I asked the senior service rep at the dealership, about warranties. I figured she dealt with them all the time and was curious as to her opinion. The first thing she said was, do not even consider Car Shield. They don’t cover anything.
    So scratch Car Shield..
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

4. Member
    I bought an extended warranty with my 2017 GMC Sierra 10yrs 120,000 miles the transmission went out last week and while it was there they found a small oil leak total repair bill was $8600 cot me a $100 I’ve also had left hub assembly replaced and starter so it definitely paid off the warranty cost me $2100 and I still got 3 1/2 yrs or 41,000 miles left

5. #FRB
    Only vehicle I've gotten the extended warranty on was a Grand Cherokee I bought CPO with 44k on it. Never needed it and traded it in less than two years later because it was never the same after it got rearended really hard. Would it have been worth it long term? Maybe, maybe not but it was a Limited so loaded down with doodads. As for whether or not I'd buy an extended warranty going forward...depends on what I'm buying. I know when I bought the Ram I had now with 20k on it the finance guy offered a plan that would have fit my needs perfectly for the mileage I drive (7 years or 70k so would have had 90k if mileage was met) because I rarely drive over 10k a year. I declined it because I didn't want the higher payment. I've had this truck for about 5.5 years and 63k on it with no issues yet but won't know if I made the right choice until October of 2025.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    I think your statement about only being from the manufacturer is stout and in my experience not factual. I’ve bought two, neither by the manufacturer, and both have been/were superb. Wife’s transmission went out. $6100 bucks. Cost me $100. Route 66 warranty cost was $2100.00 My truck got 6 injectors replaced last month. Bill was $4100.00. Cost me $100.00. Zurich warranty cost me $1945.00.

To say there is some bad ones out there is true. But not all are just because they aren’t from the manufacturer

7. Member
    I'm old, 70, and used to never purchase one. Now I won't own an outboard, vehicle, or major appliance without one. Products now are disposable instead of being made to last.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natch64 View Post
    The last time I took my 19 Laramie Longhorn in for service, I asked the senior service rep at the dealership, about warranties. I figured she dealt with them all the time and was curious as to her opinion. The first thing she said was, do not even consider Car Shield. They don’t cover anything.
    So scratch Car Shield..
    Yep most places won't even accept it

9. Member
    Bought warranty from carmax , on a used car , used it once so far , at carmax, no problems whatsoever

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plugneck View Post
    Good or not I got one when I bought my RAM new. I initially declined it but they came back and they offered to lower my interest rate if I accepted the warranty. Actually made my payment about $25.00 less. Was kind of a no-brainer. Truck long out of warranty and never needed it so I don't know if the extended warranty was any good or not.
    Something doesn’t sound right about this. I am pretty sure there should be no way that the warranty should have anything to do with the interest rate on the loan. It may not even be legal for them to present it that way. Sounds to me like that they were going to screw you on the interest rate originally. I would be hesitant to deal with a finance department that did that but it sounds like it worked out for you in the end.

11. Member
    Warranty I don’t need no stinken warranty, I drive a Tundra….I only need gas lots of gas…..lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12