Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Ive owned both, Lowrance AT1 and now a Garmin LVS34. There is very little difference in the two.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post

Sometimes I can’t help but admire just how adorable you are.

Oh how sweet, I have an admirer. So, let me guess, you have watched all of these tournaments and you think the AT looks better?

Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    Oh how sweet, I have an admirer. So, let me guess, you have watched all of these tournaments and you think the AT looks better?
    I wouldn't exactly say I'm admirer. It's your behavior that I find so precocious.

I don't base my opinions on tournaments watched on the internet.

I have real-world, hands-on comparison in actual fishing situations to use for forming my opinion. I find your Lowrance hating posts amusing because you never miss an opportunity for a dig.

4. Member
    I wouldn't exactly say I'm admirer. It's your behavior that I find so precocious.

I don't base my opinions on tournaments watched on the internet.

I have real-world, hands-on comparison in actual fishing situations to use for forming my opinion. I find your Lowrance hating posts amusing because you never miss an opportunity for a dig.

That would be because they are not better. Can you read on this thread where everyone says the same thing? I have a ghost and it’s ok, except for the popping and pointer that doesn’t point in the right direction. The pointer thing didn’t really bother me before AT, but is sure does now. Should I praise it because it’s made by Lowrance? I have a 16” Carbon that when in split screen, loses half of its viewing area, is that supposed to be great? I am a realist and can admit when something has faults, unlike fanboy homers.

Their 2d sonar is fantastic, except I have no need for it anymore. That make you satisfied now.

Oh and the ghost 360 would be awesome if you could also run the AT at the same time, but you can’t, it locks up the graph. Whooowheee, they are the best!

They have lost a step since being sold out.
    Last edited by Bass in the grass; 03-01-2024 at 10:27 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    What are the Lowrance guys seeing.
    Not as much. Plain and simple

6. Member
    I’ve run both. Not much difference in clarity once you set it up according to water clarity. The cone is definitely more narrow on Lowrance, and I think that’s what may give it the edge for guys who are more in tune with FFS. With Garmin just because cone is larger and easier for you to hit with inaccurate cast doesn’t mean you’re close enough for the fish to see. Lowrance you have less room for error, but greater chance to get lure close. Just my observation
    2022 Bass Cat P2…Pro XS 200

7. Member
    In this day the pros are running what helps them see the best so i would say lowrance and garmin are both pretty good. You can dial either one in to see a fish. It seems the bigger factor is clean power and the better looking screens have 13-13.6 volts.

That would be because they are not better. Can you read on this thread where everyone says the same thing? I have a ghost and it’s ok, except for the popping and pointer that doesn’t point in the right direction. The pointer thing didn’t really bother me before AT, but is sure does now. Should I praise it because it’s made by Lowrance? I have a 16” Carbon that when in split screen, loses half of its viewing area, is that supposed to be great? I am a realist and can admit when something has faults, unlike fanboy homers.

Their 2d sonar is fantastic, except I have no need for it anymore. That make you satisfied now.

Oh and the ghost 360 would be awesome if you could also run the AT at the same time, but you can’t, it locks up the graph. Whooowheee, they are the best!

They have lost a step since being sold out.

Everyone

I understand that you can’t seem to make it work for you. That’s pretty clear.

It’s also pretty obvious that you’d complain about a free lunch.

9. Member

Everyone

I understand that you can’t seem to make it work for you. That’s pretty clear.

It’s also pretty obvious that you’d complain about a free lunch.

You know what’s even more clear? That you’re a stalker douche and argue with half of the people on the forum. Go back to your wanna be pro staff fanboys.

Here bigboy, argue with these people.

Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Watching Live and they show Stetson Blaylocks Lowrance FFS and I see what looks like a tree and nothing else.

Looking at the Garmin screens and you see a dot then the bait falling then the fish getting reeled in if it eats it..

Am I missing something with Lowrance. Even when Wheeler had it in BPT it was hard to figure it out.

Disclaimer: I do not have FFS ( yet ).

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Conventional wisdom for those "in the know" has Garmin better than Lowrance in FFS.
    Most folks say much better. The Garmin LVS34 is better than Lowrance AT2.
    I have Garmin with the LVS 34, but have never done a direct comparison with Lowrance AT2.
    Quote Originally Posted by capt1fish View Post
    It’s not fair to make a comparison between Garmin and Lowrance FFS unless they’re both fixed on the same piece of structure at the same time. So it’s hard to comment on which screen shots you’re referencing to.

That being said, Garmin FFS has a wider angle of view compared to Lowrance’s. This wider angle of view is the reason why you can easily see baits on the screen compared to Lowrance. However, as mentioned above, guys can see baits on Lowrance units if casted in the angle of view, not to mention DC and Wheeler winning with Lowrance.
    Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    Honestly from what I’ve seen I think I would buy mega live before I bought active target. I have Garmin though and it is by far the best.

Quote Originally Posted by DonoSport View Post
    I’ve run both. Not much difference in clarity once you set it up according to water clarity. The cone is definitely more narrow on Lowrance, and I think that’s what may give it the edge for guys who are more in tune with FFS. With Garmin just because cone is larger and easier for you to hit with inaccurate cast doesn’t mean you’re close enough for the fish to see. Lowrance you have less room for error, but greater chance to get lure close. Just my observation
    Last edited by Bass in the grass; 03-02-2024 at 11:12 AM.

You know what’s even more clear? That you’re a stalker douche and argue with half of the people on the forum. Go back to your wanna be pro staff fanboys.

Here bigboy, argue with these people.
    Oh, name-calling. That helps your point. it’s a shame you have to be so emotional.

I have no interest in arguing with them and I’m not arguing over what is best with you either. I am just amused by, and not in a good way, of your negativity. Did you even read what they posted? All they did is muse about their experiences, if they had any experience at all, and what they’ve seen on a tournament broadcast, Valid thoughts for discussion, of course, but not any basis for a definitive conclusion.

You are not even qualified to have an opinion on what’s best, nor are they. Watching a bass tournament on the Internet that shows a moment-in-time screenshot tells you what is best? Give me a break.

Have you or they ever fished for muskies with the assistance of FFS?

How about walleyes or crappies?

Or trout and salmon in rivers?

Or even smallmouth?

Or used it any other of a near infinite array of situations or objectives?

Livescope has its strengths and so does AT. When you begin to understand what the AT software is trying to do and how it works, my opinion based on hands-on comparison, is that AT is just as good or better in lots of fishing situations. Many bass fisherman think that the fishing world starts and ends with tournament fishing. I’ve got news for you, it doesn’t.
    Last edited by 188Musky; 03-02-2024 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Punctuation

11. Member
    Why would I give a flip about walleye, smallmouth, trout and any other species that don’t live near me. I get that you think you’re some kind of fishing god or something, but I own both brands and have used both, so I’m pretty sure I know which works better for me. Maybe you forgot that this place is called BASS BOAT CENTRAL and the majority here BASS fish. I’m not your friend, I have no interest in reading your stupid comments or arguments, so why don’t you keep them to yourself. You are nothing to me and I don’t care that you think active target is better, it’s not. Can’t believe that I’d have to put a troll like you on ignore, just because you’re a constant stalker.

12. Member
    This escalated quickly

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    This escalated quickly
    Someone is on tilt.

14. Member
    Someone is on tilt.
    I’ve noticed

15. Member
    I’ve noticed

nah, get tired of the same poser always stalking me and too chicken chit to question anyone else. He’s the typical fanboy who thinks what they own is the best and can’t admit when it’s not. The guy always starts crap with people, he’s just a troll, what he does best.

16. Member
    This escalated quickly
    Definitely got very emotional for a conversation with an internet stranger on their preference of fish finder...

17. Member
    Why would I give a flip about walleye, smallmouth, trout and any other species that don’t live near me. I get that you think you’re some kind of fishing god or something, but I own both brands and have used both, so I’m pretty sure I know which works better for me. Maybe you forgot that this place is called BASS BOAT CENTRAL and the majority here BASS fish. I’m not your friend, I have no interest in reading your stupid comments or arguments, so why don’t you keep them to yourself. You are nothing to me and I don’t care that you think active target is better, it’s not. Can’t believe that I’d have to put a troll like you on ignore, just because you’re a constant stalker.
    You are very invested in making the point that someone's subjective opinion is somehow objectively wrong and that your subjective opinion is objectively right... Its the internet and a conversation about preferences on FFS.

Time to start cutting back on FFS threads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12