Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 293
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    55
    #81
    Alright, I am sold. I will be ordering one. Can someone recommend a separate smaller lithium from this same company to run 2 humminbird helix, a garmin with LiveScope and a rite hight turret?, hopefully won’t break the bank. Might as well have them shipped together. Thanks everyone

  2. Member 78Staff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cosmo, FL
    Posts
    4,859
    #82
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Yeah, the more I think about it the more I want to do it, tbh. Might work on the math and see how it sorts out.

    If we get confirmation on the size, I might pull the trigger. Did we get that yet, I'll have to look back through the thread.
    So for me, taking avg guess for what I would/could sell the xx50's and 460PCS, going with a single 36v and two chargers actually winds up being less, and going with dual 36v is about even.

    grrrr... I was hoping it would not be attractive, math wise lol. Just have to decide if I want to move way from premium Ionics I have now with BT

  3. Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Embro, Ontario
    Posts
    1,296
    #83
    Just ordered two, will provide feedback.
    2021 Ranger 521C
    2021 Mercury ProXS 250
    3 x Lowrance HDS12's
    1 x Lowrance HDS9
    Active Target

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Taswell, IN
    Posts
    4,507
    #84
    I just ordered two as well. For that price, Iím rolling the dice. I need new batteries anyways. Maybe the good lord will shine his light on me with these. 🙏

  5. Member 78Staff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cosmo, FL
    Posts
    4,859
    #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    So they're 13" x 6.5" x 9"
    So this would equate to a Group 31 - battery tray wise?

    Assuming these wind up being the correct measurements - thanks to the folks ordering and for providing actual size when they arrive

  6. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Posts
    5,984
    #86
    Mine are due in tomorrow. I'll get dimensions, charge it up, and run a capacity test and report back
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

    Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

    Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

    Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

  7. Member 78Staff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cosmo, FL
    Posts
    4,859
    #87
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    Mine are due in tomorrow. I'll get dimensions, charge it up, and run a capacity test and report back
    Much appreciated

  8. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    4,203
    #88
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    Some of us are capable of building and repairing our own lithium batteries if the need arises.
    I have 2 that you can work on then.

    Allen

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    4,203
    #89
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    If so thatís a huge battery, and much larger than the name brand batteries
    Bought another brand but I switched from 2 31 series AGM batteries to a single 36v 60A lithium. The lithium battery is like 2-3" longer than a regular battery. That said I went from 82lb 24v to 112lb 36v and removed 96lbs from the boat between batteries and charger. Based on the river scum line my boat now drafts about 1.5" shallower.

    Allen

  10. Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    133
    #90
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    Mine are due in tomorrow. I'll get dimensions, charge it up, and run a capacity test and report back
    Josh, is this the charger you use?
    https://www.amazon.com/LiFePO4-Batte...09TJJWN7C?th=1

    I ordered my battery today, for that price who could pass it up.

  11. Member 78Staff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cosmo, FL
    Posts
    4,859
    #91
    I'm about ready to jump... but a nagging thought (and this is just my ignorance on the subject mostly), but I do see LifePO4 lithium advertised as specfically for Trolling Motor applications, and some marketed for RV use, Golf Cart use, etc. Apparently the difference is the BMS and how it's configured? Not what what is actually different, I assume probably something to do with max amp draw allowed, instantanious/amp pull rating vs normal amp draw delivery, etc? Not sure how much I'd miss BT also, it's nice just checking batteries on the water. There is the Amped BT addon monitor that gets recommended often for the cheaper non-BT Lithiums, which add about $80 to the price.

    Anyway, looking at two 36v batteries and a charger and BT monitor - shiping, tax etc bascially $900.

    Selling 3x Ionic 50ah's could offset a portion of that, and I could either just keep my 460PCL, or try to sell it as well and pick up a lower cost 2 bank as mentioned before.

    I honestly have not been able to to put a dent in my 3x50ah setup though... might be chasing the wrong carrot. I have gotten the 125ah down in the low 60% range after a single day though - might be more prudent to add capacity on the 12v side instead, esp since switching from lower draw AT to higher draw livescope.

    I do prefer the redundant setup and bilge config of two 36v vs v 12v trollers, though - there is something to be said for that. And it would double my battery wieght on the passenger side, which for most may not be desirable, but for me the more weight on the pass side the better, and I would not mind more weight in the bilge even - the move from all AGM to all Lithium did have a bit of a perf hit on my Skeeter.
    Last edited by 78Staff; 03-05-2024 at 07:15 AM.

  12. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Plainfield, IL 60586
    Posts
    321
    #92
    More cheap LiPOs - stolen from slickdeals.net

    Eco-Worthy-US via eBay [ebay.com] has select Eco-Worthy LiFePO4 Lithium Iron Phosphate Multi-Purpose Batteries on sale for the prices noted below when you apply Extra 20% Off coupon code SPRINGSAVE20 at checkout. Shipping is free.

    Example offers (prices after code SPRINGSAVE20):

  13. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Taswell, IN
    Posts
    4,507
    #93
    Whatís the best way to charge these if you are running two in parallel???

  14. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SW, Ohio
    Posts
    17,355
    #94
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    What’s the best way to charge these if you are running two in parallel???
    i would hook red charger wire on one battery and black charger wire on the other battery
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

  15. Member Delta Bass Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Stockton, CA Delta
    Posts
    1,645
    #95
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryPF View Post
    More cheap LiPOs - stolen from slickdeals.net

    Eco-Worthy-US via eBay [ebay.com] has select Eco-Worthy LiFePO4 Lithium Iron Phosphate Multi-Purpose Batteries on sale for the prices noted below when you apply Extra 20% Off coupon code SPRINGSAVE20 at checkout. Shipping is free.

    Example offers (prices after code SPRINGSAVE20):
    Now are these water safe and not going to catch fire or explode if they get water on them?
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

  16. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,418
    #96
    Stupid question, but would this charger work?

    https://www.amazon.com/Lifepo4-Lithi...0BW6CX2HL?th=1

  17. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Posts
    5,984
    #97
    Quote Originally Posted by kissfan4 View Post
    Stupid question, but would this charger work?

    https://www.amazon.com/Lifepo4-Lithi...0BW6CX2HL?th=1
    Yes it will
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

    Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

    Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

    Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

  18. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Posts
    5,984
    #98
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I'm about ready to jump... but a nagging thought (and this is just my ignorance on the subject mostly), but I do see LifePO4 lithium advertised as specfically for Trolling Motor applications, and some marketed for RV use, Golf Cart use, etc. Apparently the difference is the BMS and how it's configured? Not what what is actually different, I assume probably something to do with max amp draw allowed, instantanious/amp pull rating vs normal amp draw delivery, etc? Not sure how much I'd miss BT also, it's nice just checking batteries on the water. There is the Amped BT addon monitor that gets recommended often for the cheaper non-BT Lithiums, which add about $80 to the price.

    Anyway, looking at two 36v batteries and a charger and BT monitor - shiping, tax etc bascially $900.

    Selling 3x Ionic 50ah's could offset a portion of that, and I could either just keep my 460PCL, or try to sell it as well and pick up a lower cost 2 bank as mentioned before.

    I honestly have not been able to to put a dent in my 3x50ah setup though... might be chasing the wrong carrot. I have gotten the 125ah down in the low 60% range after a single day though - might be more prudent to add capacity on the 12v side instead, esp since switching from lower draw AT to higher draw livescope.

    I do prefer the redundant setup and bilge config of two 36v vs v 12v trollers, though - there is something to be said for that. And it would double my battery wieght on the passenger side, which for most may not be desirable, but for me the more weight on the pass side the better, and I would not mind more weight in the bilge even - the move from all AGM to all Lithium did have a bit of a perf hit on my Skeeter.
    Generally golf carts draw more amps than a trolling motor. My 48v cart draws 100 amps. My trolling motor draws 45ish. They will absolutely work for both applications
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

    Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

    Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

    Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

  19. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Posts
    5,984
    #99
    All 3 of mine came in at 38.9 resting volts. I have one on the charger now. Capacity test should be done by tomorrow. Same size case as my 36v 40ah battery, but definitely 12ish pounds heavier.

    20240305_153650.jpg
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

    Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

    Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

    Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

  20. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,418
    #100
    Just ordered one. Use coupon code quan for 15% off!!!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast