For those with a FXR or ZXR 20, lithium question?

Alot of people have commented on better hole shot and floating a little higher in the stern. My question is how much? A little or significant amount? I know it will depend on how much weight you remove, so I am talking about a total lithium setup. When I did the math on my boat and the lithium’s I was thinking about using it came up to about 180 lb loss in weigh. Seems like that could make a big difference?

2. Member
    I had a zxr with full agm. My current fxr has 3 lithium trolling batteries. I think the holeshot is faster with lithium, but I was a little faster with agm. Both ride extremely well and are very stable.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

3. Member
    I noticed a significant difference in holeshot and actually picked up a few more consistent mph when I swapped to 4 lithiums. With lead/agms, I ran 68-73 with T2, 69-73 with 26p bravo1xs. Now I run 71-75mph with lithiums on Bravo1xs. Very punchy out the hole to 60. Fxr20

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TxBassfisher View Post
    I noticed a significant difference in holeshot and actually picked up a few more consistent mph when I swapped to 4 lithiums. With lead/agms, I ran 68-73 with T2, 69-73 with 26p bravo1xs. Now I run 71-75mph with lithiums on Bravo1xs. Very punchy out the hole to 60. Fxr20
    Thank you, very helpful

5. Member
    Taking lithiums out is the equivalent of removing a person. I noticed an odd thing about the FXR hull, it’s tipsy when someone is walking around on the rear deck, but the stablest platform I’ve ever been on when both guys are on the front deck. I would think taking that extra weight out of the rear would help that stability as the boat would sit a bit higher in the rear. I haven’t noticed a difference (haven’t paid attention yet), as we typically fish two in the front.

I have 3 lithium trolling batteries and a lithium starting battery. I failed a little speed in my ZXR20 after I swapped them out but handling remained unchanged. Holeshot got even faster. I love the weight savings as well.