Thread: Surge pricing

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech, AI, and robotics are the future, now more than ever. It would be a good profession to pursue. The world will change exponentially over the next 50 years, compared to the previous 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by RangrSkipr View Post
    Its the new norm. No humans needed. Its just a tool and . . .. its a game changer. Get used to it and adapt of get left behind

https://www.facebook.com/CBSEveningN...1225493231556/

I still enjoy a trip to McDonalds every once in a while, but you can almost go to a sit down restaurant for the same price. My wife likes to go to Culvers, by the time the three of us order, our total is $38. We went to Texas Roadhouse the other week and I had a steak, daughter had a chicken tender kids meal and wife had a salad and our total was $40. For an extra $2 I will gladly take a steak and baked potato over a fast food burger.

3. Member
    Crappy journalism to get clicks.
    Basically, Wendy's is talking about lowering prices during slow parts of the day and that's about it.
    Think happy hour.
    puma proxs

4. Member
    Its just not Wendy's, it most of corporate America that is looking at dynamic pricing now. Even car companies are wanting to charge subscription fees to use options like heated seats ect, the more you use it the more the subscription cost. It is the truest form of capitalism they say. Considering capitalism is code for keep the rich rich and poor poor I would have to agree with them.

5. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    Considering capitalism is code for keep the rich rich and poor poor I would have to agree with them.
    Yawn.....
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinjim View Post
    Crappy journalism to get clicks.
    Basically, Wendy's is talking about lowering prices during slow parts of the day and that's about it.
    Think happy hour.
    Not the case at all, dynamic pricing is basically price gouging on the fly. They raise the price on the fly until demand drops.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    Yawn.....
    Coffee will help a slow brain.

8. Member
    Ever since that Wendy's employee was sucking on the frosty machine they have been dead to me.

9. Member
    Just learn to surge boycott the ones who adopt this crap.!

Its just not Wendy's, it most of corporate America that is looking at dynamic pricing now. Even car companies are wanting to charge subscription fees to use options like heated seats ect, the more you use it the more the subscription cost. It is the truest form of capitalism they say. Considering capitalism is code for keep the rich rich and poor poor I would have to agree with them.
    You never cease to amaze me with your hatred of freedom and opportunity for everyone.

11. Member
    The US used to be a place that cane up with new ideas and built stuff. Now we have transitioned into a place that sells stuff with tricky techniques to maximize the extraction of people's money.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    You never cease to amaze me with your hatred of freedom and opportunity for everyone.
    At least you dont need any coffee that's why I like you. You put some effort into responding to me . How can you argue that dynamic pricing is not the purest form of capitalism, while also milking the consumer for all they are worth? Seems to fit my narrative doesnt it?

13. Member
    Wendy's has the worst service of any of the all fast food restaurants around here - always under staffed and under trained. They can't get basic service right and now they want to screw the customer with a pricing gmmick to prop up their crappy business model. I can see it now - them attempting to get $20 for a single burger during lunch time and everyone going to McDonalds for a $7 burger. I know where I will be going to lunch.

How are they going to explain it to their customers or will they sneak it in on them (most likely)? Will there be pricing on the boards above the registers? This business is not rocket science and now they want to create chaos for the customer when all they want to do is to buy a burger.

First the minute this concept goes in place, I will probably never step foot in another Wendy's again unless I can figure out the timing of their prices. But as a convenience food, they will loose my business. Life is to short to put up with this BS.

14. Member
    Not the case at all, dynamic pricing is basically price gouging on the fly. They raise the price on the fly until demand drops.
    That's surge pricing and that is not what Wendy's is doing.
    puma proxs

At least you dont need any coffee that's why I like you. You put some effort into responding to me . How can you argue that dynamic pricing is not the purest form of capitalism, while also milking the consumer for all they are worth? Seems to fit my narrative doesnt it?
    It is a pure form of capitalism.

So is not paying for what they are offering.

So is having the opportunity to make your own lunch, or start your own restaurant.

Your diatribe against capitalism reads like you are entitled to have Wendy’s provide for you.

What you pay for a hamburger at Wendy’s is between you and Wendy’s, and no one else. Work out an agreement. Or don’t.

16. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Coffee will help a slow brain.
    And it's quite clear you don't drink coffee.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    And it's quite clear you don't drink coffee.
    Actually I'm sipping a mug and reading "Saving Capitalism from the Capitalists" its quite the book.
    Last edited by Gsmith223; 02-28-2024 at 09:03 AM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    They are all trying to come up with new ideas to deal with high prices caused by work staff demanding $20-25 an hour instead of going to school and getting better jobs. Restaurants and fast food joints are closing every day. $18 for a big mac meal? What did people think would happen?
    This.... when you have a $18/hr minimum they have to pay for it somehow.. its everywhere though. New America

Quote Originally Posted by basshammerwannabe View Post
    This.... when you have a $18/hr minimum they have to pay for it somehow.. its everywhere though. New America

Where is minimum wage $18 at?

Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    I'm surprised at all the negative feedback on here. This is capitalism. Let the market decide what prices it will bear. Surge pricing is supply and demand working perfectly.

I don’t see the negative comments as being anti-capitalism. In fact, I see them as pro capitalism. A consumer is stating that they will not do business under surge pricing at Wendy’s and believe that many other consumers will feel the same way. That is capitalism…the market determining the viability of a business model. On the other hand, if the comments were that government should step in and prevent Wendy’s from implementing surge pricing, then I would agree that the comments were anti-capitalism.

There are only two circumstances under which I have done business with surge pricing and I hate it. One is Uber/Lyft and the other is with the 407 ETR in Ontario. The 407 is a privately run toll road that bypasses most of the horrific Toronto traffic on the 401. The busier the traffic is on the 401, the higher the toll is on the 407. One time, my toll was nearly $100 CAD for a 42 mile round trip on the 407. But, if you’ve ever towed a boat on the 401 during rush hour, you know the toll was worth it.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast