Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Jelly runs rampant in a thread such as this......I'm boatless now, but I'll be buying before long. But I'll never buy a new boat, ever, when so many good 1-3 year olds are out there to be purchased. Lots of folks are hurting right now because they cannot get out from underneath them like they're used to doing. Most buyers are still holding tight to what money they have. Note to sellers....make your first cut your biggest cut if you're really interested in selling. Then call me.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchhand02 View Post
    Agreed. Also that if a kid in his 20's has nice stuff he must have had it given to him. I know lots of kids in their 20's that went to college and got an engineering degree. They started working in the oil and gas industry and make well north of 100K a year. Its not hard to see how they can afford nice things when they are young and making good money.
    No doubt! There are a LOT of opportunities for out there right now for young adults that make a commitment to a technical education and see it through. I've been an engineer since 1982 and the pay scales today even when adjusted for inflation over time are way better than when I graduated. I own my own company now (S.E.) and we need to offer a six figure package to pick up and keep a competent new-hire. It makes the five years of busting your ass and living poor well worth it once they're out.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta Bass Fool View Post
    You had me in BPS earlier today comparing the Z20 vs the Z21. They are nice looking boats. I really liked the sparkly blue and gray/black on the Z20. One thing I did notice was what appeared to be mold defects causing not so smooth lines and very visible in certain lighting like after the sun is down and the night lights are shining directly at the boats.

I like them for the most part. Noticed some little nit pick things that had me appreciating some of the features of my 30 yo bass boat. Live wells are nice big and deep. Wondering why they did not utilize the space under the driver and passenger seats if there is any hollow spaces under there.
    Fuel tank is under the seats, no room for storage.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by wrat View Post
    But the economy sucks and inflation and bla blah blah,
    The vast majority of Americans are simply broke and in debt out their ass. The average American doesn't own a bass boat and have a man cave full of toys. Lots of people on this board have proven time and time again for 20 years that they're out of touch with normal people. We're living in a time with the highest amount of personal credit card debt in history. Just because the people on here can afford $500 rod and reel combos doesn't mean that's how it is everywhere, this is a little bubble that lots of guys obviously never get out of.

Screenshot_20240228-085347_Samsung Internet.jpg

5. Member
    The biggest difference between the "can afford" vs "can't afford" is simply priorities. An uncle of mine used to say how my aunt "would go out and waste money on baby formula when she knew there wasn't a drop of whisky in the house" lol.

6. Member
    It is easy to go broke trying to look rich.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie74133 View Post
    The biggest difference between the "can afford" vs "can't afford" is simply priorities. An uncle of mine used to say how my aunt "would go out and waste money on baby formula when she knew there wasn't a drop of whisky in the house" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by logjam View Post

Its just as easy though to look foolish trying to assume you know everyone else's financial situation.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by logjam View Post
    That would make a good plaque. I work with a young guy in his late 20's. He and his wife have nice stuff. 2 new cars with payments. They just got granite counter tops-financed. A year ago there got all new matching kitchen appliances- financed. Last fall they updated their living room furniture- financed. They had hardwood floors installed- financed. He wanted a zero turn riding mower- financed. As long as they can make the minimum payments they think they can "afford" it.

10. Member
    I told a young kid I work with . It is better feeling to have the money to buy the nicest car in the parking lot than to drive up in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie74133 View Post
    That would make a good plaque. I work with a young guy in his late 20's. He and his wife have nice stuff. 2 new cars with payments. They just got granite counter tops-financed. A year ago there got all new matching kitchen appliances- financed. Last fall they updated their living room furniture- financed. They had hardwood floors installed- financed. He wanted a zero turn riding mower- financed. As long as they can make the minimum payments they think they can "afford" it.

11. Member
    It’s very simple. Some people can afford them and some go way deep in debt.

12. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    The vast majority of Americans are simply broke and in debt out their ass. The average American doesn't own a bass boat and have a man cave full of toys. Lots of people on this board have proven time and time again for 20 years that they're out of touch with normal people. We're living in a time with the highest amount of personal credit card debt in history. Just because the people on here can afford $500 rod and reel combos doesn't mean that's how it is everywhere, this is a little bubble that lots of guys obviously never get out of.

Screenshot_20240228-085347_Samsung Internet.jpg
    You speak the truth on this. That bubble you speak of is a toxic place to be. What many on here seem to think is "normal" may as well be unobtanium to the masses. I know a glitter sled nearing 6 figures is unobtanium for me.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

13. Member
    A friend of mine told me yesterday that his wife is purchasing a watch...$30k

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca_Veloce View Post
    A friend of mine told me yesterday that his wife is purchasing a watch...$30k
    People have no idea how many 30 year olds in tech and finance are getting paid at very high levels and have net worths in the low million dollar range based on their stock options. Now whether these people are in the market for bass boats is another question. I think they likely represent a very small segment of the bass boat market. Most likely the people that own their own small business represent a bigger part of bass boat purchasers than the tech and finance bros.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    People have no idea how many 30 year olds in tech and finance are getting paid at very high levels and have net worths in the low million dollar range based on their stock options. Now whether these people are in the market for bass boats is another question. I think they likely represent a very small segment of the bass boat market. Most likely the people that own their own small business represent a bigger part of bass boat purchasers than the tech and finance bros.

Stock options is the key there.... With 1/3 of govt bonds about to mature, the government spending shutdown, and this mess of an election year. There is a huge chance of economic collapse, stock market falling dramatically, in which most baby boomers 401ks are based off of their financial advisors investing in buying debt to get huge returns. As soon as this happens, money spent will be scare. It will get a lot worse before it ever gets better.

16. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Some people have money and some, probably the majority, is in debt up to their eyeballs.

I remember the same thread when tour level equipped boats, which none of us really need to have, were 60-80K
    Last edited by dean c; 02-28-2024 at 10:08 AM.

18. Member
    It's easy . You just write a check for it

19. Member
    Most people that have enough money to pay for one got there money by being smart with it. It was not investing in something that loses at least 10% a year for the first three years.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCSURodney View Post
    Stock options is the key there.... With 1/3 of govt bonds about to mature, the government spending shutdown, and this mess of an election year. There is a huge chance of economic collapse, stock market falling dramatically, in which most baby boomers 401ks are based off of their financial advisors investing in buying debt to get huge returns. As soon as this happens, money spent will be scare. It will get a lot worse before it ever gets better.
    I looked at a site that tracks layoffs. It stated there have been 82,000 layoffs so far in 2024 the highest level since 2009. Most of this is concentrated in the finance and technology space so many of those stock options, especially in the startup space, may not really be worth what they are today. Also many of these options are locked up and not very liquid. I would think most boomers would have a healthy allocation in bonds but given what the market has done over the last 10 years they may be too heavy in equity. At then end of the day, if you have a large enough portfolio and don't spend like crazy then it a 30-50% drop may not be the end of the world, especially if you are primarily living off the income it generates.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast