Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is why I do not ride a motorcycle

I would love to have a bike and have come close to buying one a few times but the possibility of stuff like this is why I have never followed through.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/lYJ3NqKdMBM
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

2. Member
    I wouldn't let that discourage you, someone in a car could be killed by an accident like that as well. If it's your time, there is nothing you're going to do to stop it.

3. Member
    Rode for 20 years. Haven’t rode in over 20 years. Miss it.

4. Member
    I don't ride in the city for that reason, I will never stop riding my Harleydavidson
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

5. Member
    Day um.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultz View Post
    I wouldn't let that discourage you, someone in a car could be killed by an accident like that as well. If it's your time, there is nothing you're going to do to stop it.
    You never took a physics or statistics course, did you?

7. Member
    I only ride on weekdays and stay in the mountains when I do. Been riding street bikes for 55 years.

8. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultz View Post
    correct, however there's no sense in petting the bison or poking the bear.........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

9. Member
    My Harley is for sale

Felt like freedom in the past but now with head on a swivel is not relaxing at all

When my mind wonders for a few seconds it feels good but not enough that makes it worth it.

I had my one miracle and survived my motorcycle wreck but bought another one anyway.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    I only ride on weekdays
    Why.

11. Member
    I want one, I have a license, but just too dangerous around here for my liking.

12. Member
    I think I pooped my pants first time I seen that.!

I still ride street but only to get to the fun roads. Single track, Forest Service Roads and other places mini van drivers with cell phones stuck to the side of their heads can’t drive. I’ve been riding motorcycles for over 40 years and it’s still my favorite thing to do.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    I still ride street but only to get to the fun roads. Single track, Forest Service Roads and other places mini van drivers with cell phones stuck to the side of their heads can’t drive. I’ve been riding motorcycles for over 40 years and it’s still my favorite thing to do.
    Is that an XT250? Can't quite tell...
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    Is that an XT250? Can't quite tell...
    2019 WR450F that’s street legal.

I’ve seen 3 bike accidents, first one I was around 6 or 7, biker hit a car head on and hit the hood then the roof the trunk and then the street. Second one I was in high school, friend of mine hit the left front quarter panel and went over the car and landed on his head, both survived but with severe injuries. Third I was driving into a town and at the main highway intersection was a bike stuck into the grill of a Camaro, rider was on the pavement in a pool of blood with a sheet over his body. I will never ride again after seeing that.

Had motorcycles for 45 years. During the season we rode. Every weekend 300 to 400 miles a day.

Sold the last one 7 years ago. Way to much distracted driving going on.

4 years ago a couple we rode with was heading home a few miles away some idiot turned right in front of them. He and his wife haven't been able to work a day since. He's had 24 surguries and might be done now.

Today its just not the same.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

There were several hard and fast rules on our house when I was growing up. One was, "As long as you live in this house, you will not own or drive a motorcycle." I have only had one ride on the back of a motorcycle and that was enough for me.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

19. Member
    My son's father in law and his best friend on their Harleys, both taken out by a Georgia drunk good old boy on a trip. It was a closed casket service.

8D5066CA-E49C-472D-84F7-CA2E6E6D7344.jpeg

you can just see the tire as the vehicle made contact here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast