Helix Mega GN4 standby mode

Helix 12 G4 MEGA DI SI and MEGA 360 on bow, Helix 12 G4 M SI DI and Helix 9 G4 M DI at console all networked and working as they should no issues.

Sometimes I want to be able turn all pinging off from the Ultrex Built in Mega transducer and the MEGA DI SI Transom mounted transducer and only have MEGA 360 pinging.

I have network set up on the Bow Helix set to only M360 and GPS.

Does Stand by Mode tell transducers to stop pinging or do I need to turn sonar off? I read that standby mode prevents cross talk. Does it prevent cross talk because the Helix is not receiving or because the transducer is not pinging or both?

Sonar OFF turns off pinging of transducers connected to the transducer port. Standby does the same.

For the console unit, Standby is the quickest way to restart the sonar pinging again after Standby, just push the power button. If you use Sonar OFF, then you have to use the unit menu to restart the pinging.

For the bow unit, when the MEGA 360 is recognized as connected, all the Connected Transducer choices are deleted, and another set is added. MEGA 360 by itself is default. Just leave it that way and don't change to Built-in HW: MDI+: MEGA 360.
    OR if you want Depth, just select HW:MEGA 360 and DI won't ping.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thank you Wayne , exactly what I need to know.