Stabilizer bracket for mega 360 to ultrex shaft??

Hey all,

After researching about the stabilizer arm for the mega 360 to ultrex shaft it voids the warranty. I’m ok with that. What I’m concerned about is the amount of play in the mega 360 shaft while running down the lake or even trailering the boat to and from. I understand it has to have some play in it. But how much is to much? Basically who runs one and who doesn’t? Pros and cons?

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to take care of it and make it run as efficiently and effectively as possible.

Thanks

Kyle

2. Scraps
    I don't, yet, but is this one of those cases where Humminbird wants people buying replacement transducers. Seems like that shaft should have more support than the one attachment point.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    Without a brace the shaft absorbs the vibration rather than the transducer head. With a brace, all that vibration gets absorbed by the head. I used a brace for a couple of years until I read the preceding explanation.

if you still want a brace, I made one on the cheap out of 1” PVC pipe and two 1” T’s that had the straight side pipe cut in half and this fit over the shaft of the Ultrex and 360 well. I secured it with a velcro strap. The second post in the atttached thread has a picture of the one I was using.

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1215003
    Last edited by Tilzbow; 02-26-2024 at 04:40 PM.

4. Member
    You want the 360 shaft to flex if it contacts any structure. The flex may prevent the transducer or shaft from breaking. I now only use a support bracket when I install the boat cover.