Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

For the FFS haters

Is your hate really justified? I think not. This is what you see with it, and without it.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    What place did each one finish?

3. Member
    Maybe a bluetooth gopro out the front and these guys can sign up and pay to see the faces of their boys. OnlyBassBoyFans.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

4. Member
    What you also saw over the first two days of that tournament was Ben bag 40lbs of Bass and Greg with 22lbs. I know what back side I 'd prefer to watch.

5. Member
    It's still cold so the masses are just longing for the mini-shorts days to return. Many guys watching Biffle had to miss weigh-in because their condition lasted longer than 4 hours.

I saw one fishing shallow around cover on the bank and the other in the middle of the lake staring at a screen. It’s not the same.

7. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    What place did each one finish?
    I looked it up for you. Hackney 93rd. Ben 5th in his first Elite event. Wonder if Hack is out Scoping today.

8. Member
    And yet another FFS post

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I'd watch Hackney fishing all day over Miliken watching a screen every day of the year.
    Thanos was the hero

10. Member
    I watched the live mix for about 30 minutes last night, as Steve Bowman pointed out, people watch tournament fishing in hopes of learning how to catch more fish. So, if you are not seeing the FF screen or the guy is not talking, many, including myself find it pretty much useless. You can make fun of the older guys like Bowman and some others but they have been around tournament fishing for years and generally know what they are talking about. I do agree with you younger guys on here, the middle and older aged guys will have to adapt or they will struggle. Also, this was one tournament, the entire year and AOY standings will tell the story.

11. Member
    I really think it comes down to seeing people fish like you like to fish. Those that fish shallow prefer to watch guys fish shallow. They state that they hate just watching the back of some guy staring at his screen, but in reality, it is just the fact that the guy is fishing different than they prefer to fish. Because either way, you are staring at the back of a guy that is fishing. I believe that many who prefer shallow water fishing also more than likely didn't like watching the smallmouth tournaments even before FFS came about. I am up north and fish both shallow and deep, so I enjoy watching the shallow guys and the offshore guys.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    I looked it up for you. Hackney 93rd. Ben 5th in his first Elite event. Wonder if Hack is out Scoping today.
    I bet he isn't. Those old guys like Hack and Herren are gonna ride this horse until it bucks them off and they loose their job or they break the horse and the committee bans FFS.

“Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching—even when doing the wrong thing is legal.” —Unknown

14. Member
    That is not what Hackney said on the Bilge podcast a few days ago. I predict he will adapt, Herren, maybe not.

15. Member
    Also, it's hard to admit to themselves that all those times they donated by only having 4 fish, after beating a laydown, a stick and a weed edge to death, and just now realizing that the fish they needed was right on the other side of the boat all along. it's hurting some feelings.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Also, it's hard to admit to themselves that all those times they donated by only having 4 fish, after beating a laydown, a stick and a weed edge to death, and just now realizing that the fish they needed was right on the other side of the boat all along. it's hurting some feelings.
    I think they realized it but the tools were not there, so why worry about it? Some of the guys with flashers were doing it 30 years ago but it was very hit or miss. One of Clunn's kin, Randy Fite was known for his ability with a flasher.

17. Member
    Big difference between the two that you’ve failed to understand.

18. Member
    I don't like to Carolina rig because I feel like I'm casting blindly into the abyss without any target. It looks the same way- but even worse, when watching someone else underhand pendulum cast a little plastic minnow into the abyss without any visible target. Seeing the screen and the fish is somewhat better, but not a whole lot.

More now than ever, I live in a world where I tend to worry about myself (& not in an arrogant better way), rather than others. I wish this was true for most, but unfortunately it’s the opposite.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schmidte View Post
    I really don't understand this? If it's so "easy" then why didn't 50th-100th place just go out and scope 20lb + bags on toledo bend? Isn't toledo bend 180,000 acres? Surely there is how many 20lb bags swimming around? Million or so?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast