Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Had a cat get in where I keep my boat,ruined the seats. Not crazy about stray cats

2. Member
    I think sometimes cats are products of the people around them. Most of the people I associate with who have cats are good people and with that seem to come good cats. Ive known some people who were less than stellar individuals who had cats. Guess what.. The cats were not exactly friendly. Not that they were abused or anything but not exactly the warm and cuddly type.

Ive always thought cats had a sorta six sense when it came to that sorta stuff.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Thanks! She loves to talk, like all Siamese.
    Sawat dee kha.

4. Member
    Biggest problem is keep your Cat in your home. Not roaming, and it's a sure bet that everyone will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I think sometimes cats are products of the people around them. Most of the people I associate with who have cats are good people and with that seem to come good cats. Ive known some people who were less than stellar individuals who had cats. Guess what.. The cats were not exactly friendly. Not that they were abused or anything but not exactly the warm and cuddly type.

Ive always thought cats had a sorta six sense when it came to that sorta stuff.
    they do. My cat did not like my ex girlfriend. Smart cat.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    they do. My cat did not like my ex girlfriend. Smart cat.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Just remember to scoop the litter box daily. You will be happier and so will the cat. Do you flush the toilet every time you soil it?
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burt View Post
    Had a cat get in where I keep my boat,ruined the seats. Not crazy about stray cats
    We have a lady that feeds a bunch of strays around here and they get in peoples boats and piss and spray! Needless to say there is a lot of ticked off boat owners!

9. Member
    Have always been a dog person, my wife a cat person, so we have both. Strangely, some days my eyes tear up and nose runs from cat allergies, some days I don’t. Animals are outside, but stay in the workshop at night. Both cat and dog will curl up on me when I get in ten recliner in the workshop for a rest.

10. Member
    I posted that we put down an animal few weeks back. Our last remaining cat who ia around 14 was so stressed by her disappearing he developed a disorder. We need to get him in today to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    Both cat and dog will curl up on me when I get in ten recliner in the workshop for a rest.
    Catnap?

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    I posted that we put down an animal few weeks back. Our last remaining cat who ia around 14 was so stressed by her disappearing he developed a disorder. We need to get him in today to deal with it.
    Sorry about your loss.

I was never a cat person...never "hated them" as no animal that can be a pet deserves to be hated but I too was always a dog person. Had a girlfriend who wanted a pet and because she was a nurse and because of her hours a cat was the best solution. So I went a farm, picked out a random barn kitten for her, and on the drive to bring her the kitten it started to lick my hand for no reason. From that point forward even though it was never my cat every time I would be at her house this cat would come over and want to be with me the whole time I was there, we would rough house fight just like you could do with a dog, I could shoot rubber bands across the room and it would retrieve them just like a dog. I always called in him "Shithead" but in a nice way.

Girlfriend told me that some how the cat would know I was coming over and would sit in her living room looking out the window, and that is the only time it would ever sit looking out a window for anything. That was a special animal that lived a full 15 years. Never thought I would hold onto pictures of that cat but here are 2 from its first Christmas. This cat had a LOT of personality.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    You've gone nose blind. Can't believe people let animals use the bathroom inside their home. Silly
    So you say.
    Proud Army Dad

15. Member
    Angleiron, tinsle is a no-no if you have a cat, I've had to pull tinsle sticking out of my cat's ass one time. I know it sounds funny but it could kill them !

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    Angleiron, tinsle is a no-no if you have a cat, I've had to pull tinsle sticking out of my cat's ass one time. I know it sounds funny but it could kill them !
    Same thing can happen with dental floss if thrown in open trash can and they ingest it.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Just remember to scoop the litter box daily. You will be happier and so will the cat. Do you flush the toilet every time you soil it?
    we have plenty of litter robots, so it’s only once a week chore at our house luckily
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    we have plenty of litter robots, so it’s only once a week chore at our house luckily
    IVe thought about getting those however just assumed they were a gimmick. Work well I assume ? They have a few versions so what do you have.

Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    After years of my daughter begging me to get her a cat, I finally broke down and got her one. She’s been a great cat, doesn’t jump on counter tops or tables, but, likes to wake me up at 4am even though we have an automatic feeder for her that gives out food at 6am.

She’s a cutie.
    Proud Army Dad

20. Member
    Cat family here,No dogs. Our cats you can leave for several days at a time , put out food and water and off you go. I have inlaws who are dog people they can not leave there house more then 5 hours do to dog problems. They have different shifts at work due to dogs, and can not leave town with out help with the dogs. Vet cost to much to board, large dogs.There life is all around the dogs. No chance for a visit out of town or the go one person at a time due to dogs. No way in heck I would leave like that. With our cats we can take a vacation any time we like, just have neighbor or family stop in every 3 or 4 days no prob. NO DOGS HERE,,,

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast