Megalive setup tips

Got my new megalive going. Hit water today to look for crappies. Cant seem to see a 1/16 oz jig with minnow. Is this just too small of a presentation to see on a Helix 9? Played around with sensitivity and contrast all day but still no success. Any tips/advice? Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Biggest thing is learning where to cast to hit your beam. Practice with a larger bait to get the hang of it. Mega live is also a little finicky as it has a "blind" side where part of the beam is blocked by the transducer case.

As far as settings, set sensitivity at max then use contrast to adjust for hotness on screen. I see my 1/16 ounce crappie jigs at 50-60' that way.

3. Member
    Thanks for the advice. Gives me hope it can be done!

Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    Biggest thing is learning where to cast to hit your beam. Practice with a larger bait to get the hang of it. Mega live is also a little finicky as it has a "blind" side where part of the beam is blocked by the transducer case.

As far as settings, set sensitivity at max then use contrast to adjust for hotness on screen. I see my 1/16 ounce crappie jigs at 50-60' that way.