Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tacklewarehouse Issues

I have noticed that I have had more issues with Tacklewarehouse orders that last few years but this latest issue is total BS. I ordered a spinning reel that was on sale about a week ago. I got my shipping confirmation and the box arrived earlier this week (Tue). When I opened the box the shipping receipt showed the correct reel but the actual reel in the box was completely wrong. I ordered a spinning reel and I got a left handed bait caster. I called and they apologized and said the correct reel was still in stock and would be sent out immediately. I called today (3 days later) and the reel still hasn’t shipped. They said it was “on hold” and wouldn’t tell me why it was on hold. They said they were going to lift the “hold” and ship it today or tomorrow. Total BS that it didn’t ship out the day I called and what the hell is this “hold”. I put their other reel in the mail the next day.

2. Member
    Maybe they’re just really busy with the Spring sale they just had? I received an email last Thursday that a spool of line I had ordered previously (that was back ordered) had shipped. The email contained the tracking information. On Monday I decided to check and see when it was arriving. The tracking info said they couldn’t provide any updates since they hadn’t received the package yet. I emailed Tackle Warehouse on Tuesday to see if they could provide any information. I emailed them again yesterday since I hadn’t heard anything back. Today I checked the tracking information again and see that it is showing information now and it shipped on the 20th and I’m guessing it’ll get here by Monday at the latest. Am I happy with the lack of communication from them? No. Will it prevent me from ordering from them again? No. Things happen.

3. Member
    I see so many guys complain about TW but I'm starting to realize there's a lot of complaining on here. Rarely do see anyone type something positive that happened; so here it goes.

A week ago Wednesday night I was preparing for a tournament I had on Saturday. I went onto TW and ordered some items that I was low on, figuring I would have them for the next need. To my surprise, those items that I ordered Wednesday night arrived on my doorstep Friday morning. Crazy..!! Maybe I ordered stuff that was readily available and shipped from a warehouse close to me, who knows. All I know is I rarely, if ever, have a problem with TW. And to much surprise, the website was super simple to navigate.. I'll be darn.

Good luck with your nightmare.

4. Member
    They have really stepped it up IMO. Opening the GA location has done wonders for my orders coming to Michigan. In general I see 3-4 shipping days if it comes from there, which I considerable reasonable. The CA location always gets hung up over a weekend so naturally the perception is it takes longer.

Today almost every online retailer jumps the gun and says good news it shipped. The reality is they printed the label with a tracking number and until it scans it's in process. They could do themselves a favor buy just tweaking that but maybe studies or data have shown that generates more fear and angst which is a phone call or a instant chat.....are you ever going to ship it.

Society got spoiled by Amazon Prime or the perception of shipping times without Prime. Add to that, hard to get people to take these distribution jobs.
    Last edited by SAL321; 02-24-2024 at 06:09 AM.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

5. Member
    What Scott says^
    Red Sox in 6!

6. Member
    Check out Omnia Fishing. I have never had a problem with them, and I order a lot of stuff.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

Use to be if you emailed them asking a question on a product you’d get a response within hours I sent a question 2 weeks ago about a product because pictures and description showed 3 option yet no box to select option

I never got a response

I live in Michigan and 90% of my orders come from CA and always takes 6+ days to get here
    "The handicapped angler"

Over all I am happy with them. Ordered some jigs a couple of weeks ago and one of the packs (2 jigs to a pack) was empty. I sent them an email about it and have never heard back from them. Not a big deal, but I guess I need to call them to get their attention.

9. Member
    It's ridiculous they can't even give you a straight answer about why there's a hold on it.

I have never had a problem with a TW order. (Years ago I did receive a Powell Diesel rod that had a tiny chunk out of the foam grip; they told me to keep it, and sent a second one)Knock on wood. With the volume they do, I think the reaction people have to a shipping delay or slip up gets way over blown here on BBC. (Boy’s Bellyaching Club, lol). What did they tell you to do with the LH reel? I handle returns for them…
    Last edited by drainplug; 02-24-2024 at 06:54 AM.
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

11. Member
    Tackle Trap and be done.....even with the new location. Awesome!

12. Member
    So you’re noticing more shipping issues the last few years than previously. Wonder what happened during that time that might have impacted shipping across all companies and platforms?

When you ship thousands of orders a week I'm sure there will be a bump in the road every now and then. Overall I think that TW does a great job.

Since the pandemic, nothing has improved when it comes to corporations and customer service. Period! It’s really sad. If I treated my customers like I’ve been treated regarding several issues that I’ve experienced as of late, I wouldn’t have any customers. Also, we, as consumers, seem to expect perfection nowadays with our entitlement and all…..
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

Never had an issue with TW. Things happen, I'm sure they'll make it right but like others have said, my experiences have all been positive.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

16. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    When you ship thousands of orders a week I'm sure there will be a bump in the road every now and then. Overall I think that TW does a great job.
    this and been using them for years
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

17. Member
    I've never had any issues with their orders. I just ordered a rod, reel, some baits and a metric crap ton of line last Sunday evening and it was all delivered to my house yesterday...and that was using the free shipping option. I'm also enjoying yet another Tackle Warehouse shirt. This one is quite different than other shirts they have sent, but I like it.

18. Member
    Originally Posted by wareagle24

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    this and been using them for years
    +2 ..never had a problem....

Quote Originally Posted by Z-91 View Post
    Originally Posted by wareagle24

+2 ..never had a problem....
    +3..I had a Problem once, But it was on me. But they bent over backwards to make me happy.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Over all I am happy with them. Ordered some jigs a couple of weeks ago and one of the packs (2 jigs to a pack) was empty. I sent them an email about it and have never heard back from them. Not a big deal, but I guess I need to call them to get their attention.
    I agree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast