Water in center rod locker 19 Caracal

Last two trips I've ended up with a quarter inch of water in my center rod box. Only in the lower section. No rain and no sign of water anywhere else. Any idea where it's coming from?

Running through the center sump to the bow, then it splashes to both sides as it jettisons through the center V drain. There is a block of Foam and it’s wrapped in plastic, with a PVC pipe connected, in the sump. That shifts in some cases and winds up holding moisture in front of the foam block.

3. Member
    Still not seeing how it ends up in the lower section of the compartment only. Only theory I have is that the rod tips are getting wet and the water is wicking down the rod covers and dripping off at the reel end. Was also wondering if the drain at the bow had come loose from it's hose? Is there a way to fix the issue?
    Thanks for responding.

4. Member
    If you have water in the sump it will splash forward when you come off plane or fish 2 people up front in waves/rough water. Lithium batteries makes the deck fish lower on the water and can cause sump water to co e to the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thompson View Post
    Still not seeing how it ends up in the lower section of the compartment only. Only theory I have is that the rod tips are getting wet and the water is wicking down the rod covers and dripping off at the reel end. Was also wondering if the drain at the bow had come loose from it's hose? Is there a way to fix the issue?
    Thanks for responding.
    It jettisons off the bow and into the rod tubes (which are open at the bow) when you come off plane. Happened on my 2015 and still on my 2019 if I forget to run the bilge pump before I move locations. It’s a royal PITA and the only negative I have on the Caracal.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Running through the center sump to the bow, then it splashes to both sides as it jettisons through the center V drain. There is a block of Foam and it’s wrapped in plastic, with a PVC pipe connected, in the sump. That shifts in some cases and winds up holding moisture in front of the foam block.
    Can you post a picture of this foam block? I’ve never seen it.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Double check the drain line from the trolling motor pedal well also...on my 2019 Caracal it was pointed directly into the center rod locker...I bought mine used so it might've been the previous owner, but when I was digging through these threads for a solution, it seems to ahve come up for a few others as well.
    2019 Bass Cat Caracal, Mercury 225 Pro XS 4 stroke

For Northern IN/Southern MI action and BCB love, follow me on instagram: @professorbeard

8. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I was getting a bit of water in the center rod locker when I first bought my 2015 Caracal, if I was fishing in the rain. I just tightened the latch some. It stopped the leak.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.