Replacing livewell recirc pump on 2021 FXR21

I've got to replace the port recirc livewell pump on my 2021 FXR21. If you know the boat, although that pump is reachable, it's sort of buried near the bottom under other hoses and such. Has anyone done this before and have any pointers on the process?

I've replaced a fill pump before and do some of my own work on the boat, but I'm not overly mechanically inclined, so I always get hesitant when a fix has the potential of me screwing up a bunch of other stuff. :)

For example, I'd assume you'd want to pull some of hoses off the livewell and get them out of the way, but haven't been able to find an instruction if there's a right way to pull those hoses off.

Thanks!

2. Member
    Okay I have same boat fxr20 2021 first of all get the new replacement pump and yes in a difficult spot to change but easy going to have to reach into the bottom in center , no hoses to disconnect just 2 wires after you have taken pump out , so at the bottom will be 2 pumps and reach into the front of the one your going to replace and on the top side there is a button that you squeeze in and turn same time and a little of a turn it will pop out of the cylinder , , weasel it out between all the plumping and nest of wire so you can find the right ones to disconnect and reconnect brown to brown and black to black weasel the new pump and just get it back in cylinder and turn it in till you feel a click first time is hard but get's easy after a while I normally get mine at amazon and keep one for a spear if you marina doesn't have one or need to travel far , good luck

3. Member
    You have a 3 year warranty if bought new take to dealer

4. Member
    Yes you are right take it to your dealer , But yes they will change her out for you but once again they might say bring it in in two weeks maybe three and again maybe tomorrow , but these pumps go all the time so mills well start to learn how to change it , they will send you one threw the mail if you request it if your handy not really that hard . I always keep a spare on my boat since I was in a tournament and the pump went .

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KB1953 View Post
    You have a 3 year warranty if bought new take to dealer
    Replacing a pump is general maintenance... This isn't dealer stuff..it's a simple pump...

I took off the hoses on the back of the livewell just to give me extra room. Not needed, but it helped me. It's easier after you do it once.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

6. Member
    The best way I have found to get hoses off is NOT to pull on them. Believe it or not that makes them tighter on the fitting. Get something that you can get between the end of the hose and the fitting and use it to "push" the hose off while you carefully try to twist the hose. Worst case scenario is you have to cut it off being careful not to cut the fitting.

7. Member
    You don't need to take any hoses off , what your doing is replacing the pump in a housing push the button in and twist a little and it will come out of the housing