2018 optimax hose question

Just bought a set of 2018 optimaxs. Don't have the serial numbers because they are worn off. I will get back over there today and try to find them on the block. What I did notice is that what seems to be the compressor intake hose comes out of the filter on the starboard side of the motor and leads to nothing. It's the same on both. Is this normal? There is also no fuel water seperator on the vst tank. Did they remove this after a certain year? Thanks

2. Member
    The hose I'm referring to is number 15 on the air hose schematic

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Turner- gonna need serial numbers in this case. Mercury doesn't use years...

The compressor air intake hose (leads me to believe it's a 225 or lower hp model, possibly a 200 ProXS) pulls air into an open hose, through the filter, and then into the air compressor.

Water Separating filter would be IN the VST tank (has a red or dark brown top).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Turner- gonna need serial numbers in this case. Mercury doesn't use years...

The compressor air intake hose (leads me to believe it's a 225 or lower hp model, possibly a 200 ProXS) pulls air into an open hose, through the filter, and then into the air compressor.

Water Separating filter would be IN the VST tank (has a red or dark brown top).
    Ok I will be back there tomorrow. Tried to get to it today to find the serial number but I got called into work. Any insight on finding a serial number on the block or any where else? The stickers on the motor are gone. Thanks

5. Member
    Try looking at the PCM, sometimes the SN is printed on the label.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Member
    Ok so I think I found it on the sticker on the starboard side head. 2b362048. Does that sound accurate?

7. Member
    #15 is molded air inlet hose for compressor part of filter system air intake to compressor , is normal/correct
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    #15 is molded air inlet hose for compressor part of filter system air intake to compressor , is normal/correct
    Ok thank you

9. Member
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................