Thread: Lacrosse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    In simple terms....you better be tuff if you want to play....
    Broke my clavicle clean in half playing in ninth grade. Can still feel where the bones fused together wrong over 30 years ago.
    I'd Rather be Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    A city in Wisconsin with the Mississippi River right in town. Great fishing.
    Also a boot company.....

3. Member
    Wasn't it started by the native American Indians?

4. Member
    My grandson in TX, is on a national traveling team, called Ironhorse. He is 12, and , yes he is tough. Proud of him.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    My wife has a nephew who attended the U. of MD on a lacrosse scholarship and it was serious stuff with off-season training, weight room, etc. He was an all-state linebacker in football but went with lacrosse in college. We went to watch a couple of matches and wow, very physical with lots of contact and obviously a lot of endurance needed for running up and down the field of play. Very popular in the northeast. The nephew was a pretty bright kid, graduated with a BA and MBA by the time he finished his eligibility. Then he went to law school, just a pitiful kid. He also likes to fish, has a big striper boat on a dock in NYC.

Hockey is soccer on ice and lacrosse is Hockey on grass with sticks in the air.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

7. Member
    Fastest game on 2 feet.

Known as the Medicine Game by the Iroquois Confederacy.

Played until my Army career got in the way. My dad (RIP) is in the NJ Lax HOF and is one of the winningest coaches of all time (DIII).
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    My wife has a nephew who attended the U. of MD on a lacrosse scholarship and it was serious stuff with off-season training, weight room, etc. He was an all-state linebacker in football but went with lacrosse in college. We went to watch a couple of matches and wow, very physical with lots of contact and obviously a lot of endurance needed for running up and down the field of play. Very popular in the northeast. The nephew was a pretty bright kid, graduated with a BA and MBA by the time he finished his eligibility. Then he went to law school, just a pitiful kid. He also likes to fish, has a big striper boat on a dock in NYC.
    Lots of Finance majors, wall street is loaded with lax players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Fastest game on 2 feet.

Known as the Medicine Game by the Iroquois Confederacy.

Played until my Army career got in the way. My dad (RIP) is in the NJ Lax HOF and is one of the winningest coaches of all time (DIII).
    Kean? Played from 83-87 at Stockton. My last college game was at Kean. The Kean coach on man up kept yelling 21 is the Gun......my Teamates busted my ass about that all the way home.....good memories.

10. Member
    Yes sir. My father started the lacrosse & football programs there …… coached lax until he retired. Was Hal Kokes still coaching at Stockton when you were there?
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Yes sir. My father started the lacrosse & football programs there …… coached lax until he retired. Was Hal Kokes still coaching at Stockton when you were there?
    Yes, he started coaching my Freshman year.

Thanks for all the replies, can't wait to see a game. Grandson is a tough kid and has been dedicated to the weight room.

Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, can't wait to see a game. Grandson is a tough kid and has been dedicated to the weight room.
    If you have any questions on the game/ equipment please IM me.

14. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    When I was a kid growing up on the west coast of Canada, the suburb I lived in had a box lacrosse team and I would go to every one of their home games. The box lacrosse game is loaded with talent, speed and visciousness and is very fun to watch in person.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    When I was a kid growing up on the west coast of Canada, the suburb I lived in had a box lacrosse team and I would go to every one of their home games. The box lacrosse game is loaded with talent, speed and visciousness and is very fun to watch in person.
    The greatest Lacrosse player of all time comes from Victoria, BC. Gary Gait, the current head coach at Syracuse. He changed the game in college.

16. Member
    Jack Thomas or Frank Urso…..Gait was great but does not compare to these two.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Jack Thomas or Frank Urso…..Gait was great but does not compare to these two.
    I went a a game Uros was in @ MD a great player but did not change the game, or have the stick skills of Gait, pne could entertain powell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12