Thread: fuses

fuses

Are there any other fuses besides the panel behind drivers seat? XB21 my water pressure, rpm, and gas guage all quit working. Merc monitor is working like it should.

It may be the harness that jumps from the merc monitor to gauges, then from gauge to gauge. Mine came loose the other day and all the gauges quit working. I opened the console and the harness came loose.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    Are there any other fuses besides the panel behind drivers seat? XB21 my water pressure, rpm, and gas guage all quit working. Merc monitor is working like it should.
    If they are all Smartcraft System Link Gauges, they are fed off the Merc Monitor Harness. I would start there and make sure the 4 pin connectors are all good and clipped in. The system link gauges daisy chain from the MM Harness then from gauge to gauge. I do not recall there being a fuse on the MM harness and if there was a fuse blown on the engine your MM wouldnt work either.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

4. Member
    After reading the manual I might have found the problem. I switched out the old style system monitor with a level 1 mercmonitor and might have to go into settings/gateway and select nmea or j1939 and select transmit. I'll find out Friday.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    After reading the manual I might have found the problem. I switched out the old style system monitor with a level 1 mercmonitor and might have to go into settings/gateway and select nmea or j1939 and select transmit. I'll find out Friday.
    That shouldn't make a difference, the system link gauges typically work regardless of the gateway settings. Do you have the system link gauges plugged into the MM harness system link port?
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

6. Member
    I'll have to double check. I think the gauges plug went into the jbox. I'll check it friday morning.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    You are looking for a small 4 pin plug that comes off the MM harness, not the J-Box.

At the J-Box you should have a 10 pin connector labeled gauges…this is the main connector from the engine harness. Then you should have the MM harness plugged into the J-box. The tach, fuel, water pressure, etc should be plugged into the 4 pin system link plug. The other 2 j-box ports are probably capped off/unused.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

8. Member
    got it figured out. The new mm system link wasn't plugged up to the back of gauges. Next project is figuring out how to remove the lids with lights so I can start removing carpet.

It is one hell of a project removing the carpet. I did it on my XB21 Prosport. You will have to drill out the rivets. The doors will have to be shimmed, all the doors. Keep that in mind if you plan to go fishing during the process. I got 80% with solvents, then sanded the rest away. Then painted all the lids and fixed the gel in some spots. Made shims, then put it all back together. I skipped the lights when I put it all back together.

My new boat has carpet. After doing this one time I'm not sure I want to do it again...... It was a lot of work.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

10. BBC SPONSOR
    got it figured out. The new mm system link wasn't plugged up to the back of gauges. Next project is figuring out how to remove the lids with lights so I can start removing carpet.

Good deal!

Carpet removal is a job!!
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X